1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sweeter Home 2 & Beautiful Home Widget - FIX

Last Updated:

1. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm just starting to get the hang of Sweeter Home Preview 2. And as many of you already know, some widgets (like Beautiful Home) won't update consistantly. I'm going to email the dev my finding so hopefully he can rectify this issue. But in the meantime, you can try this fix/work-around. My Beautiful Home widget has been keeping the correct time for almost 12 hours now ... through many edits, screen changes, and reboots. That was not the case just yesterday.

What I finally did was experiment with the "Layer Level" parameter of everything on the screen. What I found was that if the Beautiful Home widget was on the highest level (10), that it will update with no problems. In fact, I have no other Layer Level 10 items on the screen where I'm using that widget.

Hope this helps. I'm looking forward to hearing if this "fix" works for you as well.

---------------------------

01/21/2010 UPDATE: Since creating this thread, I'm fairly sure that EVERY ONE of my widgets has failed at one time or another. ARGH! This is sooooooo frustrating!

Advertisement
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Well-Known Member

thanks but i have mine as level 10 with nothing near it and it still wont work until i edit theme grrrr

EDIT: i'll have to see if i have any others at level 10 sorry i didn't notice that part

3. sweeterhome

sweeterhome New Member

Hey this is the dev of sweeterhome. Thanks for reporting this -- we're testing a fix now and it should be in the next beta version due within in a few days.

4. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

This temporary solution is working well for me. Thanks for the find! My clock not updating was one of the points driving me away from using SH preview 2, but now that it works I think I might just keep using this :)

5. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

This appears to be a sporadic occurrence. Everything was foine for me for several days then today it started not updating, rebooting a few times, played around and now its fine. I will keep trying to find the culprit.

6. holmgren

holmgren Well-Known Member

i did this and rebooted, but it still does it.

7. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

is anyone having FC close issues as a result of BW? It seems every third or fourth time of switching away from and then back to the screen on my phone that has the BW on it, I get a FC. This isn't true when switching to/from any of the other screens.

Other widgets on that page is Battery Widget, Motorola Torch, and Ringer Toggle Widget

Also, it only seems to do it when I'm returning from the screen above the center screen (the "top" screen I guess...my BW is on the center screen)

8. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Well-Known Member

messenger!! you rock !! been workin ever since :D EDIT: i just got up and it hadn't updated since i wrote this message:(

@sweeterhome i love this thing!! when's it hitting the market? :D

@dgalt you HAVE to clean yur cache after you edit ANYTHING i dont have any more problems since i started doin that

9. rjoudrey

I get the message: "Got Exception:Bitmap size exceeds VM budget" when the widgets are not updating. Again happens randomly, worked last night not this morning. Anyone figure this out yet?

10. rjoudrey

If you mean the cache in manage apps, it is always non selectable for me.

11. MYandroidUSERNAME

MYandroidUSERNAME Well-Known Member

maybe i'm just lucky but my beautiful widgets has worked perfect since i put it on my sh2 homepage...no lag, nothin. like it was meant to be..

12. messenger13

Might be because the default is level 10, and you don't have anything layered over top. Just guessin...

13. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

I got the clock to update again. I was using the Smaller Home widget. I cycled back to the large home and back again. Not sure if that was the fix or not, but it seems to be working again.

14. messenger13

Since creating this thread, I'm fairly sure that EVERY ONE of my widgets has failed at one time or another. ARGH! This is sooooooo frustrating! :(

15. punyweakling

punyweakling Well-Known Member

Has latest build fixed this?

16. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Google scoreboard widget isn't updating for me. I'm trying it on layer 10 now.

17. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

18. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Seems to be updating fine on layer 10.