Sweeter Home and Froyo ... Fail.

Last Updated:

1. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been playing around with the new releases of Froyo 2.2. It appears that sweeter home is not compatible with the new 2.2. Man! This sucks! i have emailed the dev the bug reports. I am hoping that a new release will be coming very soon. Hopefully we can get some kind of the eta on the new release. And just when sweeterhome was virtually bug free! Argh! ! !

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

Whelp ... a new version was released today and so far so good. I've had it running or hours and not one single glitch yet. The lack of responses to this thread really bum me out. :( I guess I and a handful of others are the only ones left still using Sweeter Home.

3. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

I tried really hard to but the bugs kept me from being fully invested. that gorram bitmap limit drove me friggin nuts. the features are great. LOVE the springboards and overall customizability, but it became more frustrating than fun as my themes evolved. maybe I'll jump back in.

4. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I've loved it since you first mentioned it months ago but could never get it stable. Off to t ry the new version.

5. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

I'm so addicted to SH that any ROM that won't work with it is a deal breaker for me.
    Luckily I got to loading a FroYo ROM late in the game with SH having already recieved the update (I was unaware of the problem until I read this thread).
    I'm running flawlessly; silky smooth and very quick. :) :) :)

6. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

I really like Sweeter Home for it's ambition. But like the other's I got tired of it's sluggishness. I am using LauncherPro right now and I love how smooth it is.

How is SH coming along now? Is it smooth.

7. messenger13

Whelp ... I started this thread, so I guess I need to update where I stand. This will be my final post regarding SH for a while. Maybe down the road when it gets out of beta, or the dev puts more time into the app, I'll reinstall. But for now I have uninstalled SH and have moved on to Launcher Pro. Maybe it's my SH theme that's choking it, I dunno. I do believe I was pushing it to its limits. Evidently, sometimes over them. At any rate, I am EXTREMELY impressed with Launcher Pro and how I have it set up. I don't think I've lost much, if any, functionality. And the speed of Launcher Pro is faster than SH on its best day.

God bless ya if you can run SH. Alas, I cannot. :eek:

8. Psychokitty

Oh that sucks, man!
    I'm running SH snappy quick, but I do have to admit I'm not by any stretch maxing out the program's capabilities.

9. Lomallin

Lomallin Well-Known Member

Finally found the time and drive to root my phone, so that will be happening this week.
    Sad to hear that messenger13's theme is not holding up in 2.2. I have an older rendition of his theme, DrPepper2 I believe. I am hoping it will hold its own once I root, but thanks for the mention of a possible backup home replacement as well.

cggorman -> I have not received any of the bitmap errors in a good while, so if you wanted, going back to SH might be an option now.

10. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Well-Known Member

SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com

This newest version has been out a few days and it rocks! here's some screenshots of my newest theme. i made 5 themes in 1. it's nice having a different look about my phone when the mood hits me :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I was using sweeter home for a short while recently but the fact that my widgets would not load properly all the time and sometimes had to be readded just annoyed me. The sad thing is that I don't even use that many widgets.

12. messenger13

13. Psychokitty

I've been running 802 with no problems at all.

14. davros

davros Well-Known Member

not to hijack your thread but... is that a themed rom to change the notification bar black? or is that sweeter home?

15. messenger13

Themed ROM. Or, more specifically, at least a custom framework-res.apk file.

16. davros

davros Well-Known Member

ya that's what I thought. I just flashed smoked glass theme on my bugless beast 1.1 now it like like that also :)

17. messenger13

Another day (and new version of SH) and another new issue that crops up for me. :eek:

Now, if I reboot with SH as my default home-replacement app, my 'all-apps' tray and 'tagged' trays are completely blank and do not populate. I have to start up Launcher, let the app tray populate, then stop SH and restart it. Only then will all of the trays populate. Nice. :rolleyes:

I can also restore the data only in Titanium Pro ... but this doesn't always work either.

Once again, I am forced to shelf Sweeter Home. :(

18. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I really think SH needs to be repackaged as a theme generator. CorinaCakes I love the Mario theme and think there is a big market for real themes like that.

They just need to be able to be installed easily.