Sweeter Home & the Google Gestures app

Last Updated:

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Trying out Google Gestures (very cool app!) with SWII. I would like to dedicate one of my five SWII screens to this app as an opened app. In other words, I'd like to slide the main home page to the left and have the Google Gestures app open automatically.
    Sweeter Home is so configurable, I figure there must be a way. I just don't know what it is.

Anyone? Joe?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Nope sorry.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Just got home ... need sleep. :D I'll look at it in the morning and get back to you.

4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Well-Known Member

i stuck the gesture app (text only - transparent) on top the pic i have on my homescreen. i just hit the pic an there she be :D easier than swiping to the next screen imo. of course if you do this...don't forget to add it to the same springboard your picture is on.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

cool corina!!!

6. Psychokitty

Hey GREAT! I'll have to figure this out.
    Can I do this over the clock? My home page just has the clock and 12 springboard buttons. I want to touch the clock and have Gestures start. THAT would be the greatest (for me)!

...On my way to play!

7. Corinacakes

i'm not sure if it will work for the clock. doesn't the alarm open when you touch it?

8. messenger13

As long as the Gesture's springboard is set to a higher layer number than the clock, you're golden. Just know that the clock won't work any longer if you are used to tapping it to trigger the alarm app.

9. Corinacakes

Thanks Messenger!! there you go psycho!! lol

10. Psychokitty

Yeah, I got it all figured out.
    Not on my clock, as that's in the center of the screen and all 12 boards open app windows over it (I've run out of layers). But above it, on a separate date widget is where I have the invisible Gestures box over-layered.
    Works really great!

I'll have to post screen shots of my SWII main screen when I get the time. It's really just a clean, simplistic look, but functions as 13 screens in one. I haven't even gotten to the other four screens! One will be dedicated to my family pictures and my new baby girl. ;)

11. messenger13

Not to mention the 5 landscape screens, right? ;)

12. Psychokitty

Huh? (What'd I Miss?) Where are they?

Oh so much to learn! lol

13. messenger13

If you enable orientation change in SH, you now how 5 landscape screens. This is how I was able to design my own custom cardock screen. :cool:

14. Psychokitty

Yes, but doesn't that simply change the orientation if the same screens? It's not like you get five additional different screens, right?

15. messenger13

Wrong. Your 5 landscape screens "can" be 5 entirely different screens than your portrait screens. Or, you can kinda mirror what you've done on the coinciding portrait screen.

For instance, my homescreen in portrait mode is the one I use 90% of the time. But if I enable orientation change in SH, my landscape screen in entirely different as it is my car dock screen ... making sense yet? :D

I too was confused when I read this at first ... but then I starting to experiment and was like "WOW!". Now, ALL of my landscape screens are entirely different than my portrait screens ... so I actually have 10 completely different desktops (albeit a few of them are virtually empty).

16. Psychokitty

Whoa!

Lemme ask ya a few questions since I've hijacked my own thread...lol

#1 Can I make it so my app icons still "snap to a grid", but in whatever order I see fit (instead of the default alphabetical)?

#2 Can I make it so I can list an app more than once? I often have two boards where I think the same app should be listed, but by default, I can only list it in one board at a time.

#3 What does "Bitmap Memory Limit" mean? It's user-adjustable. Will increasing this help stop SHII from being overwhelmed & FCing all the time?

Thank ya!

17. messenger13

Answers below in RED.

You're welcome. :)

Wylecyot likes this.
  18. Psychokitty

OK!
    One more...

Please explain the difference between a "Tagged Tray" & a "Custom Tray".

Right now, eleven of the twelve of my springboard buttons each open up a "Tagged" tray, the title of which usually has absolutely nothing to do with it's contents. lol

I LOVE THIS APP!

(-For others reading this...) You know that feeling you get when you find an app that just blows away the last twenty or so random ones you've DLed & played with, and your phone surprises you yet again, and it dawns on you that the novelty of none of your previous techno-toys has really lasted as long as your Droid?
    THIS IS ONE OF THOSE APPS! But it's different, because it's so complex and intricate that you can play with it and discover something about Sweeter Home a week later that makes it into a whole new app that you would have without question swapped out your "version" for!

God I love this friggin phone! p:

19. messenger13

How about hitting the "Thanks" button once-in-awhile, you sponge?!!?! :p

A Custom Tray is a dumb tray, basically. You can stick anything you want in those. I always set Embed Content to "Yes" so that they will remember what's in them should I need to reload that specific theme. Otherwise, you'll have to reload them each time. Also, the apps don't transfer from one theme to the next. Their only advantage is, you can stick the same app in several of them, as we already discussed. Also, sometimes you have to use them because there's really not a Tagged Tray in the proper category for you.

A Tagged Tray is a smart tray. It automatically gets populated with your apps that belong in that category, according to Sweeter Home's database. Of course, you also have VETO power over what goes in there. So if you don't want a certain app in your "Media" tagged tray, pull it out. Now, Sweeter Home's server knows that YOU don't consider that app a "media" app. See what I mean? Also, the next time you create a theme and add a "Media" tagged tray, only YOUR media apps will automatically be populated in that tray. WAY freakin' cool. And a good time-saver.

Now, hit the Thanks button ... or the kitty dies! :eek:

Corinacakes, Bramsy and Psychokitty like this.
  20. Psychokitty

Alright, I hit the damned button in a futile attempt to contribute to your insatiable need to establish forum worthiness, ya miserable wretch.
    -I'm convinced you've created an alter-ego user to follow you around the forum giving you kudos!

All joking aside, another well deserved Thanks. ;)