Sweeter Home won't give me back my Droid!

Last Updated:

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sweeter Home has just taken over my Droid via FC loop. This is terrible! I can't use my phone because Sweeter Home can't start.
    It FCed in edit mode, while editing a custom tray, and now (for the past several hours), I can't get it to stop it's FC loop.
    I've pulled the battery, and when I try to boot into safe mode by holding the keypad menu button down while powering up the phone, after a point the phone vibrates, and restarts.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

u try flashing to ur latest nandroid backup?

3. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Didn't want to do that. Wreaks havoc every damned time I flash. -Something's always not quite right.
    Luckily I had Task killer installed & set to start at boot. I was able to use task killer to kill everything and then quickly access the SH menu settings before it FCed. I got to manage apps & killed the cached home-default setting. But that wasn't enough. I then had the choice between Home apps (Home, Launcher II, 7 SH). Had to uninstall SW & reinstall it. Now none of my friggin apps are loaded in the trays.
    I'm pretty damned pissed about it. I have like 160 apps, so it's a lot of work to load the trays.

4. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Had the same issue hence I never use SH anymore

5. nbajam

nbajam Well-Known Member

Every update they release seems to be more unstable then the last. Quickly nearing the end of my patience with it as well.

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I find myself between a rock and a hard place. Although, I finally have my Sweeter Home theme set and I don't have near any of the issues that I've read about, I am still disappointed with these last two updates. While SH seems to be running smoother with each update, I am experiencing more FC's than 2 versions ago. REALLY??? That's freakin' ridiculous for a dev to release these buggy builds. Yes, I KNOW it's still in beta. But I'm not seeing progress.

The worse part of all of this is that, for now, I'm staying with SH because all of the other available home-replacement apps are just so feature-poor. They act like having 7 screens, or being able to make the notification bar disappear is a "feature". Umm ... no so much.

Please Sweeter Home dev(s), get this app fixed once-and-for-all!!! :(

7. gimmeanathlon

gimmeanathlon Well-Known Member

Or perhaps an exorcist? ;)