Sweeter Home

Last Updated:

1. dfrank02

dfrank02 Member This Topic's Starter

I just stumbled across sweeter home and i was wondering if anybody else has used this app as a home screen replacement and how is it working for you? I really wanna customize my droid!... it's what seperates droid from the iclones.:D

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

That's interesting, but very "beta" at this point...

Other options that are more mature:

- aHome
    - Open Home
    - PandaHome
    - GDE

All need work, still, IMHO, but these are much farther along than Sweeter Home.

If you're going to play w/home screen replacements, also get Home Switcher to help you manage them.

3. dfrank02

home switcher.. very useful thanks!!

4. baka

baka Well-Known Member

I tried it last night and found it to be

1. in a very beta stage.
    2. not very easy to use.
    3. not aesthetically pleasing.
    4. not worth using at this time.

I'm using PandaHome for Droid and find it to work pretty well. I'd like to see some more robust features but its free so I cant complain.

I'd like to try aHome but because its not free, I cant justify paying for it without knowing if its any good.

5. dfrank02

I found those points to be very true too. I even have gone to the site to see tutorials on how to use it and customize, and it confuses the crap outta me.. But it is a fully free version, unlike open home, ahome, etc.. I dont want to give up on it just yet, but it looks MUCH, MUCH, more polished on the vids I have seen online... but they all have G1's.. hmmm

6. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

Did you get any farther in testing? I started looking at home replacements and Sweeter Home (though younger than the rest) is so different that I'm really considering it. I've watched a couple YouTube videos on it and from what people have setup, it looks awesome! The matrix theme looks most promising.

7. dfrank02

Yes I did get a little farther in testing.. I grasped the springboard mechanic, as well as the layering effect of png images. I created a custom home screen design similar to the matrix theme, or if u been keepin up with it, mines is very similar to the watchmen theme in the video on androidica. Keep playing with it, b/c a preview 2 of sweeter home is supposed to drop some time late december or early next year, according to lemonz!