• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SweeterHome P2 now publicly available

not important enough for me to worry about having it for 1.5. I think post MR or kernel update, other home replacements would be a bit snappier, and then just wait till the 2.1 update to see if it's worth it. Right now I haven't found one I thought was snappy enough to keep on the phone. Can't imagine this would be any different. So I wouldn't mind waiting.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm sure the dev wouldn't even think about doing a 1.5 version if he had to re-write a massive amount of code. From what i understand the difference between 1.6 and 2.0 versions is theres some exploit that had to be used in 1.6 that was fixed/made the feature legitimately work with 2.0

As much as I would love sweeterhome, i agree with momentoid, if it means the dev has to make large amounts of changes, I'd rather just wait until we get 2.1 and enjoy a ore quality product.

Upvote 0
Through the software you can download other themes people have uploaded. I've downloaded a ton of them. Most are built for higher resolution (ie. Droid) or 2.0 phones so they sometimes don't function correctly or utilize widgets not available.

That being said, any of the themes created by Lemon run very well. I downloaded Hot Dock (my fav) and modified it to run well on the Moment with widgets i like. I will upload it in the next couple days. Once you learn how to modify themes, this software is awesome. The organization through use of springboards is super slick, It does have a learning curve tho, so be ready to get your hands dirty. Also, the home button doesn't function well on the Moment. Use the back arrow, it works better and won't cause SH2 to hang up.

Upvote 0
I also noticed many were designed for the higher resolution devices. I see potential, but I didn't have the time to customize my own or one of the pre-built themes.

Ya, I saw that too -- What worked for me: search for themes by Lemon
They all seem to be formatted for G1 or Magic (they look good on my Moment).

So far, it seems like sweeterhome is more like a weekend project-- needs a lot of configuring, but def something to geek out on. It's like the antithesis of the iphone mentality =).

Upvote 0
Yea, I've saved maybe 10 of the themes and plan to modify them all. So far, Im using Lemon's hot dock as well. That thing is super sweet. I've modded it alil to get rid of a few things, but Im still learning as well.

Also, FYI, there is a new release/build as of Jan 31st. So delete the one you have (dont forget to save you theme), redownload the newer version (says it will expire feb 10th) and reapply your theme. Alot of bugs/quirks have been worked out on it (so far, i dont notice any difference yet, just a tad snappier, but i suspect that because of the ZE10 rom)

I will upload my themes as soon as I edit sum private info on the screens

Edit: I just posted mines, here @ http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/40560-post-your-screens.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones