• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SweeterHome2 Beta

I really enjoyed playing with this for a couple days, but have now uninstalled after a scare.

While editing, my screen turned black and the phone would not respond. On rebooting, I got the "red eye of death." The phone would not boot past the red Droid eye. I did a battery pull, same thing. I did a SD card and battery pull, same thing. I tried the calling the phone trick that worked for someone else, and no luck. I was about to do a factory reset. However, for some reason, when I put it in the car dock on a whim, I was able to get access again and switch home applications. The phone was right as rain after that.

This is on an unrooted, 2.01 Droid.

I love the idea of this app, but now that I've had this same experience as some others, it's just not worth it to me to keep in until the bugs are worked out.

Upvote 0
I love the idea of this app, but now that I've had this same experience as some others, it's just not worth it to me to keep in until the bugs are worked out.

Yeah this is a known error, but without a user getting a logcat on boot it's impossible for the dev to fix it. It seems to effect a small number of Droid's only - and even then, the dev's been using a droid for months with no probs. So we really need an actual ADB-generated logcat on the boot attempt. I know people might want to wait until that's fixed, but it won't get fixed without community help unfortunately... :(

Check my sig for more (you'll see the dock option is the first workaround mentioned) :)

Upvote 0
I don't have the problem (have an Eris after all) but sent you a good sampling of logdump*.txt files for sweeterhome folder, in a nice zipped format!

If you have logdump files, you should actually send these to bugs(at)sweeterhome.com immediately after a Force Close - and only send the lastest logdump :)

Thanks though!!! all this feedback simply means faster improvements.

(PS - I'm not a dev) :D

Upvote 0
After about a week of loving the theme, I finally couldn't stand it any longer and had to uninstall. I really love how it looks/works and love being able to get the creative juices flowing designing my very own theme down to the last detail, but I hate the way it hangs for a few seconds (to a few minutes to forever sometimes) when you press the home button to wake it up or back out of an application. Only if you have been sitting there using the phone for a few seconds does it ever transition to different pages as quick as it should. I don't know if this can be attributed to it taking up more and more space on my phone, but it surely is not helping. I do know that every time I have ran Advanced Task Killer, it shows less and less available memory. I am now down to less than 20mb after every clean. Like I said, the two could be totally unrelated, but when I was running home++ and using ATK along with their built in task killer, I was getting around 40mb of memory and never having problems with fc or lag. SWP2 is very awesome and I hate to see it go but, what good is an awesome looking phone if it bugs the hell out of you to try to operate it. I hope they make it faster for the market release.
And what IS up with the data thing? I have had it for about a week now and up to 15mb!?!?! I sent in every prompt to send a bug and all that. But there are still just too many fcs. :(

Back to home++ for now. Will try any new version and maybe pay for the market release if they have it running smoother/faster by then.

Mytouch 3g
rooted with latest Cyanogen Mod
Using latest version of SWP2

Upvote 0
Yeah this is a known error, but without a user getting a logcat on boot it's impossible for the dev to fix it. It seems to effect a small number of Droid's only - and even then, the dev's been using a droid for months with no probs. So we really need an actual ADB-generated logcat on the boot attempt. I know people might want to wait until that's fixed, but it won't get fixed without community help unfortunately... :(

Check my sig for more (you'll see the dock option is the first workaround mentioned) :)

Had probs with the black screen (with task bar at top) and having to reboot, battery pull several times with the previous version. Was also having probs calling out as the phone app would quit during calls. I uninstalled and reinstalled v712 and was having the same problems. Wiped my phone to correct the problem.

My question: When I reinstall, if I have these problems, how do I get the logcat file to the dev? I had tried to report the problem via email when it happened but never got a response as to if the data was helpful. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Had probs with the black screen (with task bar at top) and having to reboot, battery pull several times with the previous version. Was also having probs calling out as the phone app would quit during calls. I uninstalled and reinstalled v712 and was having the same problems. Wiped my phone to correct the problem.

My question: When I reinstall, if I have these problems, how do I get the logcat file to the dev? I had tried to report the problem via email when it happened but never got a response as to if the data was helpful. Thanks.

I had the phone app problem, EStrongs task manager was the culprit.

Upvote 0
And what IS up with the data thing? I have had it for about a week now and up to 15mb!?!?! I sent in every prompt to send a bug and all that. But there are still just too many fcs. :(

I couldn't say why your size keeps going up, but I've been watching mine for the past few days and it is staying right around 6.7Mb.

Sending in the bug reports will help the program in the long run, but you sound like you are expecting some immediate improvement since you reported them. If you've only had it for about a week there wouldn't have been time for any of your bug reports to have been addressed since there hasn't been a new release since Jan 30th.

Upvote 0
I couldn't say why your size keeps going up, but I've been watching mine for the past few days and it is staying right around 6.7Mb.

Sending in the bug reports will help the program in the long run, but you sound like you are expecting some immediate improvement since you reported them. If you've only had it for about a week there wouldn't have been time for any of your bug reports to have been addressed since there hasn't been a new release since Jan 30th.

No, no, no. Not expecting immediate results at all! Just have read through the forums and seen people, 'reprimanded', for lack of a better word, for posting their problems and not stating that they reported them. Just trying to be as informative as I can. :D

Upvote 0

To confirm, the dev needs a LOGCAT (which is not the logdump.txt files that generate on a FC). Logcat is run through ADB which is part of the Android SDK. ADB is a command line tool. You need to connect phone and then run ADB logcat, then boot the phone up into the hang. Then wait five mins and stop the log. Read how to do it at the link in my sig.

Upvote 0
im using the google finance app and want two of their widgets, dow jones and nasdaq. i have two seperate widget trays (that pop up from the same springboard) and they are named differently. whenever i change one ticker, they both change. so i either have two djia's or two nsdaq's. any thoughts on why this is occuring?

great app, ill post my screens soon.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I had the same issue with both the Finance and the Weather widgets. Naming them differently seems like it would fix the issue, but it doesn't. They actually can have the same name, but you cannot duplicate (copy) one. You must create a new one. Then you can have different stocks or weather locations in each of them.

Jim

Upvote 0
Sorry if this has been answered already, but I had the same issue with both the Finance and the Weather widgets. Naming them differently seems like it would fix the issue, but it doesn't. They actually can have the same name, but you cannot duplicate (copy) one. You must create a new one. Then you can have different stocks or weather locations in each of them.

Jim

oh! i will try that! thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones