• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swiftkey 3 & S-pen

Hi,
Anyone else having trouble using swiftkey3 with the s-pen?
If I set my input method to swiftkey 3, I can't get to the writing pad keyboard thing when the s-pen is used.

Is this possible?

While I haven't actually attempted this, I do not think it is possible. The handwriting via S-pen is part of samsung's UI, which to me, means that you could only use it with the samsung touchwiz keyboard.

Upvote 0
The s pen will work with other keyboards and NOT JUST the stock touch wiz one. I set it up on android 4.2 keyboard by going into advanced settings and ticking the box to accept other input methods. I don't know exactly where this will be on swift key or swype but it is possible to do.
Maybe we can't find what you're talking about because the Note 2 shipped with android 4.1.1 :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Thank you that's exactly what I did and so could everyone else. It works perfectly well on 4.1.1 and the s pen works on exactly as I described.

Please don't assume everyone knows anything about system dumps, apk's, rooting and manually upgrading. There are a lot of new people on this forum who don't have a clue what much of this geek stuff is.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure she was just using that as an example of the s pen working with other keyboards, and there are also plenty of people on these forums that do know how to install an apk, so this might be useful information for them. Let's not discourage any posts that are pertinent to the topic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones