Swiftkey 3

Last Updated: 2012-08-22 00:55:54
  1. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Anyone know when the actual Swiftkey 3 will come out? The beta just stopped working for me recently and I'm using X right now, but I don't like it as much. I can't seem to find a release date.

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I am not sure when it will be released, but the beta is still working for me. If I had to use X, I would just use the default keyboard because there is no ICS theme for X.

Have you tried clearing the app data or removing it and downlaoding and installing again?
  3. Intruder

Intruder Well-Known Member

If you goto their website and join you become a "VIP" then you can download the latest beta....

Int
  4. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Which beta version are you on? There have been updates, so perhaps that's why it's stopped for you but works for us.
  5. rodawg71

rodawg71 Well-Known Member

True... Mine expired yesterday. Haven't gone to their website yet so in using X as I type.
  6. appleaj

I used the 3.0.0.190 apk.

What versions are still working for all of you? And what's the latest if you're a "VIP"?

Thanks
  7. sanibel

sanibel Well-Known Member

That's mine too. I'm not going to "renew" the batas, just wait for it to become official.
  8. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm on 3.0.0.244, which I see expires on the 27th. Not looked to ser whether there is a newer one recently.
  9. appleaj

Oh wow, I thought I checked, but I didn't have the newest one then. . . I guess I assumed the application would prompt me for updates.

Thanks!
  10. Lembasts

Lembasts Active Member

Greetings,
    One thing that seems to be obvious is the lack of love for the standard keyboard on the samsung S3. Looking at the apps it appears that SwiftKey 3 is a much loved app.
    However, I must be missing something. It appears that Swiftkey 3 does not support swiping from one letter to the next or voice input?
    Cheers
  11. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Well-Known Member

SwiftKey 3 doesn't do swiping but it does have voice input. Should be the button to the left of the space bar. A long press will bring it up.
  12. Lembasts

Lembasts Active Member

Im curious as to how swiftkey 3 is so popular when it doesnt support sliding as opposed to something like slideit which does. What is it that swiftkey 3 has that makes it so popular?
  13. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

Swiftkey has the best prediction. When it works. For me it works great on texting apps but does not work at all in my browser. So I'm on the hunt for something else. I don't like Swype so I don't care that it doesn't support sliding. I'm more of a hunt-and-peck person.
  14. sanibel

sanibel Well-Known Member

Swiftkey3's predictions and dictation are second-to-none. (And yes it is official now ~ out of beta: SwiftKey 3 Keyboard Free.)
  15. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

Not everyone wants to adjust or become proficient in slide systems like Swype or SlideIT. Swiftkey can be very awesome in its prediction, I've typed out whole sentances by typing two letter and then selecting the words from its predictions.
  16. sweeper

sweeper Member

just looked at my version. it says 33.0.1.330 last one i upgraded to. but the vip says i have another upgrade, haven't checked yet. but i agree, this is one of the best keyboards out there