SwiftKey 3Support

1. mmpotash

mmpotash Active Member

I have the Razr Maxx HD. I installed the paid version of SwiftKey 3. Every few days it disconnects itself with the note "unfortunately,com.touchtype keyboard has stopped". I have to uninstall it and reinstall to get it working but it continues to stop. It is my favorite keyboard when it works.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any solution?

Advertisement
    :
  2. batwings1

batwings1 Well-Known Member

I had this one time after my initial install of SwiftKey. I believe I just did a simulated battery pull (power + volume down keys) and that was the last time it happened. Good luck, SwiftKey is awesome.
  3. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Well-Known Member

I've never had the issue. Have you installed other keyboards? If so, perhaps an uninstall of the other keyboard would fix the issue.
  4. mmpotash

mmpotash Active Member

No, I haven't installed other keyboards.
  5. usnrma

usnrma Active Member

Did you try going into your apps and disabling the other keyboards such as the installed Swype? I think this might prevent them from interfering with Swiftkey.
  6. mmpotash

mmpotash Active Member

Removing other keyboards didn't help. I'm trying the simulated battery pull.
  7. mmpotash

mmpotash Active Member

The simulated battery pull didn't help. Any other ideas? If not, I'll wait for the next SwiftKey 3 update and see if that helps.
  8. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

Have you contacted the developer? That may be your best option.
  9. mmpotash

mmpotash Active Member

I'll try that.
  10. aksikds

aksikds New Member

For me the issue was directly tied to my SD card. If you have an SD card installed I would suggest removing it, reinstalling swiftkey, and see if the problem disappears.
  11. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

It just updated to 4 with "flow through space". Quite amazing. Try that and see if it fixes things. I think they've "deprecated" the numbers so it is just SwiftKey now. Probably a misuse of deprecated... ;-)... fun anyway just to say it...
  12. mmpotash

mmpotash Active Member

I'll try the newest version dated 2/22.
  13. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

Let us know how it goes.
  14. mmpotash

mmpotash Active Member

Updating it didn't work. I'll try the SD card if I can.
  15. mmpotash

mmpotash Active Member

Removing the SD card worked! Thanks Eksikds.