Swiftkey alpha

Last Updated:

1. james

james Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else testing the Swiftkey alpha?
    It's a new keyboard that's in development. It's quite hard to use at first but now that I'm getting used to it I can say it looks VERY promising. The word prediction is brilliant, and a 1/3 of the time(according to them) it guesses the word correctly. If it doesn't it usually gets it within one or two letters of the next word.

In terms of the ui it's not amazing at the moment, but being only the second alpha release I'm not too bothered, and hopefully they will make the keys a little bigger and make it look nicer overall, a bit like in the image on their website.

They aim to have their keyboards used on android phones by default and I can see that happening the way they're going at the moment :)

I recommend people sign up to the alpha - SwiftKey - Revolutionary text prediction for smartphones

edit- on second thoughts this should probably be moved to applications, seeing as it's not Hero specific, I'm just used to posting in this forum :p

Advertisement
  2. shadders139

shadders139 Well-Known Member

its on a beta now, and i've just downloaded it (want to try swype but its not available!)
    you're right it does look promising, i'll have to use it a bit more to see if i want to keep it rather than the default keyboard though.

3. maddog497

maddog497 Active Member

I have been jumping back and forth with swift key and slideit (slideit, is a swype like keyboard. the demo is free. I would purchase it but the price is a bit to high)

4. shadders139

shadders139 Well-Known Member

i've been using swiftkey ever since and i love it, makes typing much faster.

however, the main problem is that after a while of using it, it becomes really laggy and slow :( reinstalling it makes it better for a while, but then it gradually gets slow again

i hope they try and remedy this in an update soon, because its the best keyboard i've used so far

5. revel

revel Well-Known Member

Tried it. Dont like it.
    Gone back to Slide IT.