SwiftKey Beta Keyboard in marketGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Was formerly using Swype and loved it, but this new keyboard is legit! It practically reads your mind and predicts the next word for you before you even start typing it. Not sure if I'm going to stick with it yet, but definitely going to give it a dry run for a bit.

Advertisement
    j-money likes this.
  2. ezegm

ezegm Well-Known Member

im using it, i think its a bit better than the stock...could use small changes though

3. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

4. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

I downloaded it, could not get the Swype beta to function correctly at all when I tried it. It wouldn't "swype" anything I had to manually type in the words as if I were using the stock keyboard. Tried to uninstall/reinstall multiple times, it never worked.

So far I like the SwiftKey keyboard, haven't used it much being that I am at work, but I will keep trying it. Mainly because it actually works unlike Swype.

5. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

I am using it as well. Does it keeps learning as it goes?

I am a beautiful person.. I am a beautiful person. I am a beautiful person... space test. They're so sweet.

6. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member

Swipe works great for me, I haven't had one single issue installing or using the it
    I can't see how another keyboard app could top Swype, but I'm open to persuasion.
    Does SwiftKey offer anything that Swype doesn't?

7. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

8. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

How would I get swype? Had It also while ago and now I can't find it. I'd rather get use to that thanks this.

9. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

I'm using it right now. I had swype but it expired and I couldn't get it to work again. This keyboard works really well.

10. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

I wish I had downloaded this keyboard a few days ago... lots of alchohol + swype = angry women... I love swype but this is a very nice option for people who prefer to tap... this is the beauty of android you can do what you want.. unlike the Iphone you arent stuck with the keyboard steve jobs likes

11. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

12. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

13. jgrotkier

jgrotkier Member

For those who couldn't get Swype reinstalled, if you are getting an error that the MEID doesn't match, try re-activating your phone (*228) and it will reinstall. Took me forever to figure that one out.

14. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Keyboards Tried:
    Stock (Touch Input)
    MotoX
    Swype
    SwiftKey

My Default:
    MotoX

As a two handed texter, portrait or landscape, Swype wasn't a solid fit for me. Now I am not saying that it isn't an exception keyboard because it really really is. The MotoX multi-touch keyboard just fit my needs better and allowed me to type faster 2 handed than Swype would allow 1 handed.

However, I am trying SwiftKey and I like it a lot. Same excellent touch response as the MotoX (with the awesome addition of vibrating feedback). I'd like a mic button and a few other little things but I am going to give it a week and see what its 'learning' abilities really are.

I want to say this though, the vibration I thought would be a deal breaker on the X keyboard and it ended up being too good of a keyboard for that to happen. I am hoping the lack of mic and others, double space to period function can be overcome by its awesomeness.

15. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

I've tried all the same ones as well, and so far SwiftKey is my favorite. I really liked Swype, but I kept running into issues with my fingers sticking to the screen and it's really tough to type if you aren't using the "swype" action. So I've started looking for alternatives and I was using the MotoX keyboard, but I think this better.

16. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Agreed, I think this keyboard has some serious potential

17. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I've used it for about 4 texts and so far it's great . But I've thought others were great at first before switching back to "better keyboard"
    I probably would have liked swype but I didn't give enough time to match the learning curve so I gave up lol

18. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I really liked the feel and how fast the DroidX keyboard was but what killed it for me was the fact that it didn't have the option to long press for punctuation you had to go to the number or long press on the period to get all the options. Not a fan of that. I like being able to hold down p to get zero etc...

19. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

I tried swiftkey this morning when I saw the write up on phandroid but I uninstalled it because it keeps track of what you're saying and I'm worried about my personal info being stolen (usernames, passwords, cc numbers, etc)

That for me is a deal breaker...

20. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

I have been swyping since December starting out on my Eris, I Love the swype concept but have been struggling with it since what seems like I switched to my Incredible. I am a one handed texter and it seems like while using my Eris swype was a lot more error tollerant. I find that with my Incredible I have to go two handed or I end up correcting every 3rd word? I have tried adjusting settings and just am not as comfortable with it as I use to be. Gonna give some swiftkey a shot!

21. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Don't know what you've been using but Swype also warns and performs of the same keystroke logging.

22. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

Which is why I don't use Swype either...I stick with the stock keyboard :rolleyes:

23. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

Bad news for you... the stock keyboard does the same thing. It goes hand in hand with anything that uses a predictive dictionary.

24. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Cool app but I have yet to find a better keyboard than the stock htc one.

25. bradm23

bradm23 Well-Known Member