• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swiftkey expired. Other good keyboard ideas?

I feel your pain. Tell ya what I'm gonna do. You can go through my car and keep the change. There usually at least four bucks in change that has jammed between the cushions or gotten buried under the seats. Problem solved!
very funny, but I dont think sarcasm is too good for this site...leads to awful stuff.

Upvote 0
Although I'm a huge fan of Swiftkey, I see that Swype is now available on the Play store for only $0.99.

I use SwiftKey and really like it. In portrait, I use SwiftKey Flow. I decided to give Swype a try since it is only a buck. So far, it performs better than SwiftKey Flow in portrait. SwiftKey is still way better in landscape.

Upvote 0
$4 isnt bad for an app if you really like it, I own swiftkey and find it probably the most overrated app on the Play Store, to me personally. With Swype being in the Play Store now, I am testing it out again for the first time since my Galaxy S1, and it is not bad. I use it because I can type with one hand using it. I still type fastest with the stock jellybean keyboard when you can get for free from the Play Store also.

Upvote 0
I decided to go back to SwiftKey. I like typing in landscape and I type faster with SwiftKey in landscape (22 wpm) compared to Swype in portrait (17 wpm). I'm keeping Swype as occasionally, I use my phone when lying down. I have to turn off auto-rotate when lying down, so if I want to do any typing, I have to type in portrait. For portrait mode, I like Swype more than SwiftKey Flow.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you have decided to do nor what others have suggested(to lazy to read at the moment) but I would recommend buying Swiftkey. I have used a few other keyboards. Samsung stock, swype and some others and Swiftkey is just better. And 3.99 for an app that you will use multiple times a day, every day, isn't bad at all. Going to a different keyboard will feel clunky and you will try to do things on it that you are now used to from SK and not be able to. Like choosing the ? simply by pressing and swiping to the right.

Just do it. Buy SK. You won't regret it. The only thing you will regret, is not getting it lol.

Upvote 0
If I can add my two cents - Swiftkey is probably the best money spent on an app for me. If the app developers are here, I'd like to thank you for a wonderful product. :) I don't know what it is but they do it right. I have a number of Android phones and this app has paid itself over and over to me in value. It's probably one of the apps that you'll use most often on the phone. Why make your thumbs suffer? :D :D

Upvote 0
Here's an odd update: I backed up my photos, contacts etc into Kies. I then did a factory reset just to reset it and have a fresh phone. Then I went into the playstore. I happened to download SwiftKey trial and I have it back! This wasn't even my intention but I thought it was ironic that the keyboard came back with all the predictive settings. :)

Upvote 0
Here's an odd update: I backed up my photos, contacts etc into Kies. I then did a factory reset just to reset it and have a fresh phone. Then I went into the playstore. I happened to download SwiftKey trial and I have it back! This wasn't even my intention but I thought it was ironic that the keyboard came back with all the predictive settings. :)

Lol thats crazy mate.. surely that doesnt happen with all trial apps?
Anyone know what the app uses to identify a certain phone?
And surely the file where the prediction data is saved would have been wiped by the reset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones