Swiftkey with swype-like integration? My life is complete

1. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

Advertisement
    :
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Hahahaha...I was just about to post this. Some people (myself included) prefer Swype while others prefer SwiftKey. Merge the two together and it will be the ultimate keyboard.
  3. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I love Swiftkey. To have this with swype like feature is like peanut butter and jelly together.
  4. GuitarG20

it looks like if you go to the website you can sign up to hopefully get to try the beta
    Dieselbud likes this.
  5. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

I loved swype but it doesn't work well with my SG3 and goSMS (the keyboard blocks the input screen)

I have been using swiftkey and it's OK, but I do miss swyping. This is going to be awesome thanks!!
  6. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this just gets baked into the current SwiftKey instead of being a separate app after it comes out of beta.

BTW, I like the neon light-like trace.
  7. GuitarG20

me too, I don't wanna have to pay for another version when i've been wanting this all along
  8. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

Signed up for the beta :) I love Swype though.
  9. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Looks very interesting. Swype user now.
  10. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

This will be very interesting. I have always heard great things about Swift Key, but once I started with Swype, I just can't tap anymore.

I wonder if this will be a separate product or purchase from Swift Key?

Wish I had bought Swift Key for 99 cents during the 25th billion download sale! (see above as to why I did not.)
  11. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I got Swiftkey as an Amazon free app, and I can install it on my Nexus7, but it doesn't function. The free version works (it appears the paid version is no longer Amazon supported). I signed up for beta to see what happens. Love Swype.
  12. gtbarry

Has anyone received a beta invite?
  13. GuitarG20

nope, they said "the next few weeks" so I dunno how long that means
  14. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to a usable Swype-like experience where I'm not forced to be a perpetual beta tester just for the privilege of using their product. Swype doesn't play nice with CoPilot, so I have to switch to SwiftKey while using CoPilot. Besides that, the last two updates to Swype ticked me off with issues that should never have made it to beta release.
  15. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Did everyone get their email today? Won't be much longer.
  16. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Yes. But just getting use to the 4.2 android keyboard, just uninstalled Swype yesterday. Looking forward to trying Swiftkey.
  17. gtbarry

Apparently swiftkey flow will be a part or subset of Swiftkey. Wish I had bought Swiftkey when it was on sale recently for $2? Or back when it was $1.
  18. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

raychelabcdefg likes this.
  19. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Thanks Dread, going to give this a try.
  20. rajeevk

rajeevk Active Member

Is it a advanced version of Swiftkey 3 ?
    I found swiftkey a little bit uneasy to handle but will try this one.
  21. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Their server must be getting hammered, can't get the language pack to download. Once got it to 86% and it failed, the rest, won't even start. :p
  22. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

23. GuitarG20

24. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I love swiping, i have used countless apps that perform it, most notably like SlideIt, Swype, and now SwiftKey Flow :)

EDIT: With the language pack, mine doesn't even start haha
  25. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

So far, not really liking it. Lots of errors and fixing them is difficult. It doesn't give nearly as many options for replacement words as Swype does. Maybe it just needs to learn, so I'll keep using it for now.