• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SwiftKey3 and Galaxy Note 2 Compatibility

PetiePal

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
For those of you who own the Galaxy Note 1 or 2...does SwiftKey 3 work well with it?

I have used it on my Galaxy Nexus and loved it. I do like the feature in TouchWiz that will let you skew the keyboard to left or right hand side based on whether you're right or left handed. Is this an OS level feature or specific to the TouchWiz keyboard?

Think swiftkey will update with all the huge phones debuting?

For those of you who own the Galaxy Note 1 or 2...does SwiftKey 3 work well with it?

I have used it on my Galaxy Nexus and loved it. I do like the feature in TouchWiz that will let you skew the keyboard to left or right hand side based on whether you're right or left handed. Is this an OS level feature or specific to the TouchWiz keyboard?

Works great with swifkey 3... Havent tried with the left or right hand texting thing, but i love swiftkey, so much better than the stock keyboard.

Upvote 0

I'm assuming that it'll work fine, but I believe the 1 handed feature is a TouchWiz incorporation, not Android OS.

I didn't really care for swiftkey that much, until I really started to use it more often. Swype was my preference before, but now I'm more looking forward to the new integration swiftkey is working on!
SwiftKey Flow brings trace-typing to predictable keyboard [VIDEO]

Now, that said, once Best Buy gets their inventory for Sprint and I actually have my Note 2, if the OEM keyboard works for me, then I may stick with that.

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Upvote 0
I'm assuming that it'll work fine, but I believe the 1 handed feature is a TouchWiz incorporation, not Android OS.

I didn't really care for swiftkey that much, until I really started to use it more often. Swype was my preference before, but now I'm more looking forward to the new integration swiftkey is working on!
SwiftKey Flow brings trace-typing to predictable keyboard [VIDEO]

Now, that said, once Best Buy gets their inventory for Sprint and I actually have my Note 2, if the OEM keyboard works for me, then I may stick with that.

Thank you Thank you! I didn't know about SwiftKey Flow. Just signed up for beta access.

Upvote 0
Thank you Thank you! I didn't know about SwiftKey Flow. Just signed up for beta access.

Me neither, but I make it a habit of opening the News articles for Phandroid on a separate window on my PC at work, just so that I don't have to go out of the forums to see the latest info.

Which, for you, would be dandy to do with your Note 2!! Enjoy your time (btw, you downloaded the Sprint Note 2 manual that TS posted yesterday, right)?

Upvote 0
Me neither, but I make it a habit of opening the News articles for Phandroid on a separate window on my PC at work, just so that I don't have to go out of the forums to see the latest info.

Which, for you, would be dandy to do with your Note 2!! Enjoy your time (btw, you downloaded the Sprint Note 2 manual that TS posted yesterday, right)?

Ummmm no......*hangs head in shame* :D link?
Honestly, I will download it for 2 reasons....the info you guys are quick to get and post for our pleasure and this is the FIRST phone I'm going to need a manual for. You know we never read those things.
Manuals have gotten so slim they look like package inserts. :D

Upvote 0
I love swiftkey but i have not put it on the note 2 because I have been pretty satisfued with the stock keyboard! Even using the stroke recognition and its not horrible. But I believe swift key will probably work flawlessly on the note 2.

As much as I love SwiftKey, the stock keyboard is not bad at all. Been using it more now than I have on previous Samsung phones.

Upvote 0
As for swype on the note 2 default keyboard, I've used it before (i had it on my atrix) but I can't for the life of me remember how to do spaces without having to tap the space bar. Is there any way to add the space in while swyping a word, or do I have to stop after every word and tap it?

Thanks

Settings - Language/input - Gear icon next to swype - Preference - Auto spacing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones