• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swipe issue 4.4.2 lock screen problem

CraigSWFC

Lurker
Mar 8, 2015
Hi I have a problem with my Teca
G88. It runs on kitkat 4.4.2.

When I press the power/home button to bring up my lock screen, it is unresponsive and won't swipe to get in to the phone. Its very random. Also when on a call, when the screen goes off (due to the front sensor) during a call, when the screen is lit when I move the phone from my ear to end the call, the phone won't respond. When a phone call comes through I am unable to answer unless I keep pressing the power button until the phone responds. I have gone in to the main factory settings and done all the tests, the screen is perfectly fine so there is no issue with the digitizer. The phone is in excellent condition, never dropped or submerged in water etc. I am convinced it is a software problem or something to do with the app controlling when the screen goes on/off. I have done a full reset to factory settings as though the phone is new but I am still having the same issues. Has anyone come across this before regardless of the make/model phone they have?

Thanks for your help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones