1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Swipe notification iconsSupport

1. devswap

devswap Active Member

I noticed that on the S4 you can swipe your hand over the screen and this causes it to illuminate and show you three icons - number of emails, number of texts etc.

My question is - does this only work with core apps ie you have to use the samsung email app. If i choose to use the gmail app then will this home screen widget be useless or can you choose which apps the notifications relate to

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

It works only with the Samsung apps and there is no way to customize it. It's a feature exclusively bundled with Air Gestures and won't work as soon as you toggle it OFF

I would suggest instead to use nice and expendable DashClock Widget, which comes with various extensions, for all kind notifications. While you won't be able to activate it with the magical hand hover, it does has quite many and very useful features, feeding info out of many apps, other than just samsung's.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.dashclock&hl=en
  3. devswap

devswap Active Member

Thanks. Does that only work without the keypad or pattern lock ie you have to have your phone insecure or does it with with a lock. Also when locked, can you click one of the links and be taken to the the relevant item when the keycode is entered?