swipe stopped workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. ang3

ang3 Active Member This Topic's Starter

had the phone for 2 weeks now no problems, last night my battery was drained fully so i charged it fully. now swipe isnt working. when i press the swipe button (the option button at the bottom left) it freezes and force closes. tried rebooting and no luck. i can see the blue line when i swipe but no letters pop up
    whats goin on?

Advertisement
  2. melll

melll Well-Known Member

Do a soft reset, might fix it. Had same issue a few weeks back.

Power on/off.

3. ang3

ya thats what i ment when i said reboot. ive powered off and on several times now.

4. ang3

had to do a factory reset to fix it. but how can i prevent this. i was reading how u can extend your bettery life by draining it fully then charging it fully with the power off. thats what i did, which ive never done before. before that i would just charge it all the time not allowing it to drain. so when i was draining it i let it run until the phone shut itself off. maybe the sudden shut off cause something?
    please help

5. UtahDarkhorse

UtahDarkhorse New Member

Wife had the same problem with her phone. A little googling was all it took.

1. Go into 'messaging' and pick someone to send a text to.
    2. tap and hold in the white area where you're text would show up.
    3. a dialog will come up with one of the choices being "input method". Pick it.
    4. You'll probably find that you have "samsung keyboard" chosen. Simply choose "swipe".
    5. Done. Don't know how she got it switched from swipe in the first place, but this put it back without any resets or reboots.

Safe texting,
    UtahDarkHorse