Swipe to Answer Phone: Alternatives?Support

Last Updated:

1. Lobalobo

Lobalobo Active Member This Topic's Starter

The one complaint I have about the Nexus One is the difficulty in swiping to answer a call. There have been similar complaints about the Droid. (See this thread: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/38273-problem-swiping-answer-droid-phone-calls.html .) Is there a solution for the Nexus One? When the phone is ringing, I just want to press the top button to answer. Can this be programmed? I don't have Bluetooth headset yet, but I assume I can at least answer from that when I have it on. Is that right? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

not sure about reprogramming the swipe, but when i use my bluetooth speakerphone, i hit the 'talk' button on there and it picks up. I would imagine its the same for a BT headset.

3. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member

i have been wondering the same thing. i would love to be able to use the trackball somehow.

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it is the same for answering the phone but if it is like the unlock swipe then you'll notice that if you touch the bar which you have to swipe then a dot appears where you need to swipe it too. Instead of swiping you can quickly tap the dot as you take your finger off the swipe and this unlocks the phone.

Maybe not much easier depending on how you hold your phone but something to try.

5. WishBone

WishBone Member

Yes, you definitely can answer and end calls using a bluetooth headset..

6. wa9als

wa9als New Member

Ha ha - I hate swiping to answer!

7. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member

I really dont think the op asked anything about bluetooth.

8. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

You clearly didn't read his post then.

I would also like an alternative to slide to answer. It feels too much like an iPhone when you do it. Surely there is an alternative someone could think of? Like draw a smiley face on the screen!

9. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if you hate it.. It's proven fact that swiping prevents accidental pickups or killing your call b4 you anwser :D

So shuush.. be happy

10. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

Think about this for a second. Proximity sensor to turn off display, thus the phone cannot be answered in a pocket/case without you taking it out to answer. Then you could have a simple press to answer button on the screen or something similar.

I think that would be a good alternative. I do agree that swipe to answer would be hard to do in a pocket or something like that.