swipe to callGeneral

1. mole81

mole81 Member

Quick couple of questions....

Is it possible to disable the swipe to call feature when you are in messages? am forever calling people by mistake!

also, can you turn off when you press the home key, "what would you like to do" voice talk?

thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Not sure about the disable the swype to call (message) feature, but I do know there is a setting to use home button to answer call and power button to off. I used it for awhile, but prefer the swype. It doesn't disable the swype to call feature, but you got an option where you won't need to swype when answering calls. (FYI, options are in Settings/Call)

Ignore the above advice. Misunderstood the query. I am using GoSMS so never had the problem. Also never remembered facing the same issue while using the stock SMS either. Didn't know can swype to call in there. Guess you could use another SMS app.

As for voice talk, if you have ICS, you can uninstall. If you are rooted, you can freeze it. Other than that, I have not heard of other options.
  3. mole81

mole81 Member

thanks for the tips! maybe different sms app is the way forward...can you reccomend one?
  4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

I am using GoSMS but heard a lot of positive reviews of handcent. Try them out and see if you like them. I actually didn't mind the stock sms either.