• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swipe up to Google Now Stopped Working...

dhbuckley

Aug 29, 2010
So, stock Maxx, latest update and, yeah, Google Now broken. When I swipe up the "Google circle" blinks into view but then it won't fully go through so as to see the cards.

Safe mode fixes it so this means an app has broken it. Does anyone have any experience with what app or type of app might affect this?

Also, is there any reason to consider running in Safe Mode all the time? What are the upsides/downsides of this?

Thanks, all.

David

Try uninstalling the Google app in the Play Store (which will just uninstall the latest update), restart the phone, and install the update again. See if that helps.

I started using the Google Now launcher several months ago and now I can just swipe to the right from my left-most home screen to get to Google Now. However, another way to get there is to tap in the Google search widget at the top of the launcher and then cancel the search - it should be in Google Now.

But, yes, that doesn't help getting into GN when another app is running.

Try the uninstall/reinstall.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones