• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Thanks. I caught it right after I posted it. Ha!

No problem! :)

I actually think you can edit the thread title for a little while after you create it (not sure what the time frame is though).

I actually think I tried this app out late last year...was pretty cool from what I remember. Thanks for posting and letting other folks know about it.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I came to the DX from the HTC Incredible, which has "soft" buttons for HOME-MENU-RETURN-SEARCH, and I have come to dislike Motorola's hardware buttons.

Swipepad is a brilliant little utility that lets me go from any app to any other without having to hit a hardware button. I paid the buck to get it to go to widgets, and now use Screen Off FX to shut down. I paid another buck to go straight to the Apps list. My DX is improved, *BUT* ---

Has anyone figured out how to get Swipepad to go to the HOME screen or to MENU? I wrote to the developer but so far no response.

Upvote 0
I came to the DX from the HTC Incredible, which has "soft" buttons for HOME-MENU-RETURN-SEARCH, and I have come to dislike Motorola's hardware buttons.

Swipepad is a brilliant little utility that lets me go from any app to any other without having to hit a hardware button. I paid the buck to get it to go to widgets, and now use Screen Off FX to shut down. I paid another buck to go straight to the Apps list. My DX is improved, *BUT* ---

Has anyone figured out how to get Swipepad to go to the HOME screen or to MENU? I wrote to the developer but so far no response.

If I remember correctly, in order to perform the home, menu, back, search functions, you must have root access.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones