• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switch back and forth from iPhone to android handset?

jkmasi

Android Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2010
Hi all! Please don't give me a rough time, because although I am a die hard android user, I have been using an iPhone 4s for the past couple of weeks.... and I kind of like it, in some situations.

Does anyone have experience switching back and forth between an android handset, and an iPhone? I switch between my various android phones all of the time by going online to vzw and entering the ESN, then dialing *228. Is it just as simple to switch between platforms frequently? I can see times when I would prefer to use one phone over the other, and since I have both, why not switch when the mood strikes?

If its a 4G phone the sim is invalid after 24 hours, and you'll need a new one. switching 3G phones is no biggie.
can you elaborate on the SIM becoming invalid? First I've heard of it here.

If the Android is non LTE, then swapping should be easy through website or phone *228 option 3, but LTE Android phone necessitates SIM LTE which complicates things.

I think I just reworded what Dingster said.

Upvote 0
in theory what youre wanting to do is just fine........ since none of your devices are 4G (will assume none of the androids are since you said you switch them frequently already.... and we know the iPhone isnt) ......

to summarize what the last 2 posts said....... the only complication in switching (which does not apply to you) is with 4G devices...... the LTE sim cannot be reactivated once its been deactivated

Reactions: jkmasi
Upvote 0
Thanks all. Both phones are 3G. I know the bit about having to get a new SIM each time you deactivate a 4g phone, and I know switching devices is generally pretty simple, I just didn't know if throwing an iPhone into the mix complicated things at all. I HATE the involvement of iTunes in iPhone management. Do you know if I can simply dial *228 from the iPhone to activate? Or do I have to sync with iTunes each time?

Upvote 0
Thanks all. Both phones are 3G. I know the bit about having to get a new SIM each time you deactivate a 4g phone, and I know switching devices is generally pretty simple, I just didn't know if throwing an iPhone into the mix complicated things at all. I HATE the involvement of iTunes in iPhone management. Do you know if I can simply dial *228 from the iPhone to activate? Or do I have to sync with iTunes each time?

I never had to involve iTunes. I just dialled *228 and listend to that awful music. It was kind of hit-or-miss as to whether it worked on the first try. If you get the message saying "your phone could not be programmed", just keep trying. It sometimes took me 4 or 5 tries before it worked but I think it was a Verizon network thing and not phone-related.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones