valek86 Member

If you got Elite you can switch back to $25 plan again:smokingsomb:

Advertisement
  2. jlhog

jlhog Active Member

Details on how to switch back?
  3. valek86

valek86 Member

Go to Switch Plan, and then click Can't see your plan here? link and you will see an option for $25 plan.
    giantpune, Murf1, Artine and 2 others like this.
  4. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

Holy crap!!!!! .....Nice find

I never had the old $25 plan, but it gave me the option to change to it. Since my plan begins on the first of the month, I have to wait until Oct 1 to see if the switch actually worked.
    lrietz likes this.
  5. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

you could pay the next month in advance, to try n cram it into the system, before they find the mistake n fix it.

once you get one month paid, the system will default to it.
  6. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

Cool. My billing day was on the 4th of each month, so I just switched and made the payment (which changed it to the 3rd of each month). Good stuff. Thanks. I wonder how long this will last. Shssshh....
  7. crudlife71

crudlife71 New Member

I will make sure to let VM know about the loophole.I earned the right to have the 25 dollar plan and you clowns are gonna ruin it for us grandfathered loyal customers.Peace out.
  8. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

I fail to see how any of our actions will affect your plan with VM. Your initial reaction and intended plan of action sounds petty and selfish. Good luck. Peace.
    JumpinJupiter likes this.
  9. crudlife71

crudlife71 New Member

Petty and selfish,so you say.Stop stealing and pay the 10 freaking dollars.You are stealing,plain and simple.Thats why prices are so high on everything these days,because of dishonest thieves like you.:mad:
  10. Ranhead

Not sure if it's a loophole or not. FWIW ... the option is not available for my wifes iPhone.
  11. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

I don't see how you can call it stealing - me paying the same amount for the same plan/services as you do - and exclude yourself from that assessment.

To go on and say that the rise in costs of goods and services these days has anything to do with me paying the same amount as you do for the same service is laughable.

This has certainly been amusing. Happy Labor Day.
  12. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

pretty simple. virgin mobile has the option available for selection even by phones not covered by the grandfathered plan. mistake because of poor site management,virgin knows it's set up this way,the phone gods pissing down virgin mobiles back and telling them its raining...whatever the case may be. its not stealing when they've made it available as an option. as for telling them,well do what you feel is best. but dont come on here running your bloated piehole and calling people theives. simple fact is,virgin mobile service as s whole is over priced as compared against other providers like straight talk. and yes,theivery is at the heart of it. but not by the customers. try the company. and they'll continue to raise pricing on you. get used to it. someone must keep up Guadalupe and his extended family in south central Brazil....it may as well be you. :)
    Rxpert83 and SuppliedRelic like this.
  13. Tejer

Tejer Well-Known Member

In any case I dont think it's stealing. Like several are saying it's Virgin's fault for not properly updating the info. I did it and sure enough it's right there clear as day. It would be stealing if we injected some sort of malicious code into say an input bar that exploited something on their end and gave us the discount. But that's not the case.

Maybe it's an easter egg ;)
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  14. jlhog

jlhog Active Member

I switched back. But I clicked the switch now and it cost me another $26.50. My plan was paid up on the 9/1. Opps. Then I did my sons phone also and selected the next billing cycle to switch. We will be delivering my sons phone to him this Friday in San Diego, CA where he will be graduating USMC boot camp. On the pay he will be receiving saving ten bucks a month will be a good thing.
  15. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

how can people with less then 10 post have such strong opnions already?

They can't, its someone playing a game.
  16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I have a few very good ideas.

First, please be polite.

That means - attack issues and not other posters.

Thread cleaned, infractions are being issued for the rudeness.
  17. Docthrock

Docthrock New Member

Great Find!!!

My month was up TODAY. I went to manage my account, went to the "dont see your plan" link at the bottom, next page listed the $25 plan. Clicked on it and chose to "upgrade" at my next monthly charge. Got a confirmation that I will be charged today for the $25. Now I just have to hope I don't get double dinged on the charge. Virgin's billing/charging history since I've been with them hasn't been the greatest.

Thanks! 10 bucks is 10 bucks!
  18. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member Contributor

It is a feature offered on their website for account management.

No more, no less.

They gave me (read: us) the option to pay $10 less for the same stuff I'm getting with them already.

I am happily saving $10 a month.
  19. Tejer

Tejer Well-Known Member

And that's the simple truth right there. They gave us the option to choose it.
  20. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

Did it! Now to change my wife's.

FYI - I told it to "Start with next month" because I had just paid my bill for yesterday for this month. It then goes to all the billing info. I told it "Credit card/only when I ask (something like that)". Then when I went to the next screen where it wanted all the card info. it acted like I would lose this months payment and start over with the new payment. I clicked "Cancel". However, it went back to a screen and confirmed I am set up to start $25 plan next month.

THANKS!
  21. Michiyoshi

Michiyoshi Member

Yup worked for me. I had the $25 plan since 04 and i broke my phone and had to change my number and they made me switch to 35 thank you :)
  22. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

So what happens if you're paying with topup cards? If you buy the $35 card and add it to the account, do you get $10 towards the following month?
  23. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes the balance carries over.

You can also get $15 cards. They used to have $10 cards but at least at my best buy they don't carry them any more.
  24. Ranhead

FWIW: My Best Buy still carries them .... and they are available online with free shipping or immediate shipping. I'm assuming immediate shipping adds the funds directly to your phone.
  25. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I use callingmart.com for both mine and my wife's top-up cards. They have $25 and up, you get your PIN instantly in most cases as well as tax free and a 1% discount.
    Murf1 and Artine like this.