Switch back to $25General

1. halesvu

halesvu Member

Wow! Great find. Thank you for sharing<3
  2. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

the option to select the $25 plan seems to be removed. it no longer shows up on m.virginmobileusa.com because they killed the payment page,it results in a dead link when logging in to the site. only method is through main virgin mobile site and it does not have the option that i can find any where. made my $45 payment this morning and decided to check it out. its definitely gone.
  3. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

It is still there on both of my accounts
  4. Curtis1973

i cant seem to login via m.virginmobileusa.com. it lets you enter account info then upon submit results in an error page and refers to orginal site to login and vm doesnt have the option available atleast on my end.
  5. reID_entify

reID_entify Member

i changed mine on the 19th, worked then
  6. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

anyone who waited, could be SOL now.
  7. reID_entify

reID_entify Member

im still seeing the option on virginmobileusa.com if your doing it off your phone might be better to view the full site instead of the mobile one.
  8. Curtis1973

I tried on PC using opera desktop. could be that hunk of crap not displaying things correctly. opera has all sorts of problems. I'll see if Firefox will display it. all opera shows is the popup with $35,$45,$55.
  9. reID_entify

reID_entify Member

[​IMG]
    sheureka likes this.
  10. Curtis1973

yeah its not showing me that. on any browser.
  11. MacFett

Clear your cache.
  12. reID_entify

reID_entify Member

im using chrome, but it'd be nice to see what your seeing got any screenies?
  13. riggerman0421

riggerman0421 Well-Known Member

You can only get that option on phones were originally compatible with the $25 plan. This means the Elite and phones released prior to that. Any phones released after the Elite required you to change to the new $35 plan and you lost your grandfathered account. It seems to me that VM is giving new users who are using the older phones a break and letting them have the older plan. I also have the HTC One V and do not have the option to go back to the $25 plan.
  14. Curtis1973

yeah I figured they were checking device type. HOWEVER LOL...using opera mini does make m.virginmobilusa.com load the pick plan page. .if I were a sneaky sombitch I could easily use it to spoof my phone model. but I ain't going to.

edit: on second thought I probably couldn't. they don't need to use cookies,etc to determine my device type. they have my account info lol.. doh!
  15. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

I set mine to the $25 plan for next payment when you guys 1st posted this. I got my reminder text last night that payment was due on 10/03. I wanted to go ahead and pay it a week early to hopefully get it "locked in". It still said my future payment plan is $25. I paid the $25 last night and it said it will apply on 10/03 and I'll be good thru 11/03. (Was on $35 plan). So I think it worked for me. I think I did it in IE browser (although I use Firefox sometimes too, but think I did this in IE).
  16. caspian915

caspian915 Well-Known Member

Doubtful, but is anyone still seeing this? Wish I'd noticed this thread a month ago :-\
  17. MacFett

Yup. Change my plan -> Don't see the plan you are looking for? Click here.
  18. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

nope ..... it seems to be gone. I was able to change for my Elite. But my wife just got an OV and the option is not available for her. Kind of funny ..... I'm paying $25 for an Elite and $35 for an OV. :(
  19. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

I think you have to pick the 35 one first to get started, then you can change it, pay next mo in adance to lock it in.
  20. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

It worked for me as of 11 days ago. I was on the $35 in september, then selected $25 and when the payment went through at the beginning of october, I got like 17 text messages from them saying my plan changed.
  21. Ranhead

I guess VM has something against my wife. She has the OV activated on the $35 plan, but no option to "CLICK HERE" for the $25 plan. Here is a SS:

[​IMG]

Oddly it is still available for my Elite, which is already on the $25 plan:

[​IMG]
  22. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

Per my email here:

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-elite/623691-interesting-virgin-response-pricing.html

They said:
    "The following "smartphones" launched before May 1, 2012 are not subject
    to the new device upgrade rules at this time: VentureTM, LG Optimus
    Slider, HTC Wildfire, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V, LG Rumor Touch,
    Blackberry Curve 8530."

So I think it is by phone type, OV not on the list. Odd thing is, Elite not on the list either, but we are able to switch to the $25 plan from the $35 plan with it.
  23. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

You can no longer get it, its gone. :/
  24. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

It's still there on my computer as of 30 seconds ago.
  25. Ranhead

Doesn't that mean the OV (Optimus V) should be able to be on the $25 plan? But I'm thinking it's because it was just bought and activated, well after the $25 plan was removed. We were just lucky to get it for our Elites.