1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Switch between different keyboards while typing

1. mattkranzler5

mattkranzler5 Active Member

Hey guys I installed the Swype keyboard however there are times I want to use the default keyboard. Is there any way to switch between keyboards quickly without having to go to the settings?

Advertisement
  2. Juneau

Juneau Well-Known Member

Long press on the text input area and a menu will come up, choose input method and select the keyboard you want. I hope this is what you were asking for.
  3. mattkranzler5

mattkranzler5 Active Member

This works! Thanks!
  4. Ras110

Ras110 Member

Hmm.. Not sure if this helps either, but you may want to try an app called better keyboard. I currently use it and it allows you to swipe left and right to change keyboards, which is really handy and easy for me... I've never used swype keyboard so I'm not sure how that works, or if it's similar to better keyboard.
  5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Swype is different from Better Keyboard...Swype (like Shapewriter, only better) allows you to "type" by dragging your finger across letters on a keyboard, rather than tapping them individually....

It's hard to describe, but search on Swype here and you'll find a thread and more info, or google swype...

Very cool stuff, and after a short learning curve it's easy to become addicted to it. :)
  6. Ras110

Ras110 Member

Ohh! Interesting! I may have to try that.. I guess I just assumed it was on the same basis as better keyboard, but I was just trying to help :p
  7. spectrrr

spectrrr Well-Known Member

how come when I search the market for "swype" I don't find anything?
  8. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

It's not officially released yet, but you can download the beta to your computer and install it with Astro.
  9. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

SWYPE IS AMAZING! get it fast before they start charging you for it! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!