Switch between ROMs?

Last Updated:

1. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a search and couldn't find exactly what Im looking for. If there is a thread out there with this info, please let me know so we can remove this thread.

I rooted my Incredible yesterday after a couple months of contemplating it (I know :D) And I think I want to try Virtuous ROM. So say I go to Virtuous, but end up wanting to go back to how I have it now (stock, root, froyo). Is that going to be hard? Is that what the nandroid backup is for? Say I go to Virtuous, then decide I wanna try Cyanogen. Do I just flash the new one after doing a Nandroid, then if I dont like Cyanogen I can just open the backup and bam it's back to Virtuous?

Nub questions I know, but Im skerred. :)

Last night I installed the rotary lockscreen from Virtuous on my stock rooted rom and I really like it. If I decide I dont like it, how hard is it to change something as small as an addon, rather than the whole ROM?

Sorry for the longwinded post.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. MaGaHi

MaGaHi Member

Get ROM Manager and do a Nandroid backup of ur current setup and the flash virtuous or any other rom u want to mess with. And if u don't dont like any of em just boot into recovery - wipe - do a restore. Thats it!! The 2 ROM with the most potential right now is the new sense by incdoes and the latest nightly from cyanogen.

3. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the reply, I will give it a shot!

4. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member

when you do a restore, does it restore all your settings? widgets, app preferences etc.?

5. MarcM

MarcM Well-Known Member

I recommend doing your backups and restores directly by booting into recovery. I, and evidently some others, have had problems using ROM Manager for this. Some are even bricked.

6. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Yup. It basically takes an image of your phone and then restores it.