Switch Double Tap Home Button FunctionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MuzzFury5

MuzzFury5 Member

Hey guys! I just switched to Samsung for the first time ever. All my other smartphones were HTC so alot is new to me and I just wanted to ask, if you double tap the home button it pulls up S Voice by default, so is it possible to change that to say Google Now instead? I hardly end up using S Voice and I think Google Now (or anything else really) would be more convenient to have when I double tap the home button.

Thanks in advance

2. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

Not sure if you can do that to be honest but if you long press the home button you will get to google now with the 'g' at the bottom.
  3. MuzzFury5

MuzzFury5 Member

That actually helps out alot! Thanks.
  4. lingo622

lingo622 Member

You might be able to do it if you use a different launcher
  5. JimmyTheSaint

JimmyTheSaint Well-Known Member

My 'g' button (after long press) launches a third party app I've installed called Audio Control.I'm not certain why it does that or how to control which app is launched. I froze all the Google Search apps with Titanium, so I would think that has something to do with it.
  6. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

If you don't use S Voice double tap to bring it up, Go into Settings and untick Open via the home key.

This will speed up all your home key presses by a fraction of a second as it is no longer waiting for the double.
    k3Ck likes this.
  7. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

Or skip a step and long press the menu key.
  8. MuzzFury5

MuzzFury5 Member

That's exactly what I needed!
  9. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

I hate S-Voice and prefer Google Now. After a little searching I found this post, works great:

XDA Link

Link for Home2

Step 1 - application - Voice Search
    Step 2 - short
    Step 3 - pick your launcher
  10. k3Ck

k3Ck Well-Known Member

This does indeed make the home key work faster.

11. Jsucool76

Jsucool76 Well-Known Member

I did this when I first got my phone. I am rarely ever going to use S-voice, and if I am, i put an S-voice shortcut on one of my homescreens, I can just use that. It is not worth the hassle of waiting 45 minutes for an app to close when I press the home button :p
  12. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

Correction use voice search as the program, that opens the Google now voice input