Switch from D1 to Dinc?General

Last Updated:

1. Dabrador

Dabrador Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my D1 since it's original launch. Love the phone and especially now that it's rooted. The problem is the slider is becoming loose. I'm going to get it replaced and am really considering the Dinc.

I've found that I rarely use the slide out keyboard on the D1 because of the Swype keyboard...love that thing.

I'm looking for some insight on the Dinc and especially how it compares to the D1.

How does Sense work? Does it slow down the phone? How has the update process gone so far? Anything else I need to know?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

It slows the phone down but also speeds it up. Its kind of a head f*cker but if you compare the Quadrant numbers of the Incredible to the Nexus One, sometimes the Incredible will be on top but more times than not the Nexus One will be faster. But when you compare the 2 they have VERY similar hardware. Only difference is Incredible has Sense. Which would most likely indicate that Sense is what's slowing it down. On the other hand, Sense is much more responsive when swiping through home screens, scrolling through apps, etc. For a user experience, I'd say Sense is faster. But statistically speaking, it slows the phone down slightly. ADW runs really well on the Incredible (Launcher Pro, not so much) so if you're worried about Sense, ADW is always an option.

I came from a Motorola Droid also. Although I like the Incredible better, if you want the most out of your battery you have to charge the phone while powered down. Or charge it fully while powered on, and then turn it off and it will charge about 15 more minutes. That extra 15-20 minutes has gotten me 2-3 hours more out of my battery...no joke. I bought the 1500mah battery (its an Evo battery) and I'm getting about 13-18 hours on a regular day. But if I wasn't bump charging it'd be more like 8-11 hours. I'm not trying to scare u away, the Incredible is a great phone and I highly recommend it. But that is something to take into consideration. I really don't miss anything from my D1. It was a great phone, but everything from the D1 is on, or can be put on the Incredible. And flash 10.1 is light years better on the Incredible.

Dabrador likes this.
  3. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

I got my D1 stolen two weeks ago and got an Incredible, and for the most part, I couldn't be happier. I hated the slide keyboard which also started getting loose and opening in my pocket. Never used it either. The Incredible is so much more lighter and sleek.

The only annoyances I have a VERY minor. The LED light only having 2 colors being one of them. Also, I am still getting used to the Sense UI. I dig it, but everything seems to be in different places. Also, all the pre-installed crap sucks, but I am not really faulting the phone. Also having a minor issue with my phone not ringing when I get a call in some conditions. The stock battery is the weakest point of the phone. It's terrible compared to the D1. I got a 1500 replacement, so that has been a little nicer and I may even swing for one of those 2100whatevers.

Aside from the minor annoyances, I love the phone!

4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

root, and remove the crap applications. and overclock. faster phone. plus can do whatever you want!

5. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

I switched from the D1. I bought it mainly because it had a hard keyboard, but in reality i NEVER used it. So i switched to the DInc as it was lighter and faster.

I dont have a single regret, the DInc is FAR superior in my opinion. Both performance and user-experience

6. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Oh yah, I forgot to mention.. The performance of the Inc is ..well, incredible compared to the D1. My D1 was so laggy and stuttery but the Dinc is smooth as silk most of the time.

7. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

my D1 was perfect, i didnt think a phone can get any faster.

I was wrong lol

8. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

I also had a original Droid before getting my DI.

If i had to give it some kind of an analogy, i would say it is like going from a Mustang GT to a Ferrari! The Mustang is fast and mean, but the Ferrari......well, it's a Ferrari!

That's how i feel about the two!

9. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

The DInc is the best phone out hands down. Switch with confidence! Then sit back and enjoy!