Switch from Magic to Hero?

Last Updated:

1. Steem

Steem Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Magic and is contemplating switching to the Hero. Has anyone done this? Any feedback on whether its worth the switch? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Well the Magic is mostly the exact same hardware as the Hero. All you get extra with the Hero is the 3.5mm audio jack, and the 5MP camera vs 3.2MP of the Magic, and the white Hero has that teflon coating. Other that, they have the exact same hardware.

The only other benefit of the Hero is the SenseUI, which if you really wanted, you could root your Magic and install a modded Hero ROM.

If you're on T-Mobile USA, the Hero will lack the 3G compatibility, so it would be a bit of a compromise without much gain.

3. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

I would say that it probably isnt enough of an upgrade to justify spending the money, as quantumrand said they are basically the same device.

Personally i'd hold out for a bit - there are a bucketload of android phones in the pipeline and great though the hero is, there is bound to be something along in the next 6 months or so that blows it out of the water.

4. Steem

Steem Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies.

I switch from the horrendous N97 to the Magic (Australia Vodafone) and was smittened by it. I am attracted by the asthetics of the Hero, the new UI and the improved camera. If I do switch, will sell off my Magic.

It seems not to switch is the rational decision. But when it comes to gadgets, other things rule right? Hehe..