switch keyboard helpSupport

Last Updated: 2013-04-12 05:46:15
  1. smith058

smith058 Guides Guide

this is the best stock keyboard I've used, but...

i like to use 'smart keyboard pro'... i have used it on my last 4 phones... but i can not find a way to make it my primary keyboard on USA Boost ONE Sv... can anyone help me with this?

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

I don't have your device but you can try settings-language and input and under keyboards you should see your choice of keyboards to select.
  3. smith058

smith058 Guides Guide

yup, that's where i would normally go... it has the keyboard listed there... but all i can do is edit that particular keyboard option... but it does not have the option to select it for use...

also tried long press on typing area but no option there for me...

hmmmm:confused:
  4. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

try system -> apps -> manage apps -> all apps then disable the stock keyboard :)
    smith058 likes this.
  5. smith058

smith058 Guides Guide

If you are talking about 'HTC Sense input' then it does not work for me, I still cannot switch keyboards

If there is a nother app for the keyboard then I do not know which one it is.

I don't understand how I am the only one with these issues but I got two phones from Radio Shack both with the same issues both USA boost mobile

I think I am going to have to wait until a ROM comes out
  6. sqwerl

sqwerl Well-Known Member

When you're typing with the stock keyboard, you should see a keyboard icon at the top of the screen in the notification/status bar area. Click that link and select the Android keyboard.
    smith058 likes this.
  7. smith058

smith058 Guides Guide

Forgive me for sounding lame but.... yea my hero!!!!!

That did the trick... Never noticed it.... THANKS!