• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switch off Gmail/Email previews?

the.driver

Lurker
May 10, 2011
I've been an Android user for a couple of years now and love it. Last nght I upgraded to jellybean 4.1.1 and for the most part I'm happy with it. However, I don't like the fact that now when I get a notification that a message has arrrived in my gmail account, when I drag down the notification taskbar theres' a preview of the e-mail. I was perfectly happy with the old notification that said how many e-mails were there for each account (or high level name/subject info if it was a single e-mail).

Is there a way to retain notification of the arrival of new e-mails, but not have the preview showing (i.e. turn it back to what it was before)?

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere - the net access from work is painfully slow and it's taken me 30 minutes just to reset my password...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones