Last Updated:

1. Zyklotrop

Zyklotrop New Member This Topic's Starter

Android Version: 2.2 T-Mobile branded
    Network: Base - a brand of e-plus, Germany
    Taskiller Used: None
    Issue: Switch on tethering OR mobile hotspot ->mobile network dies

---- Resolved - see replies below -----

I've installed Froyo on a T-Mobile branded Desire. After the update, turning on USB tethering leads to immediate loss of mobile network - it just turns itself off. Same goes for the mobile Wifi hotspot: turn on -> for 2 seconds, it's working -> mobile network drops off. Moving into airplane mode and back brings back the network, but tethering is a goner. With 2.1, USB tethering had worked.

I'm on Base, a brand of e-plus. I've talked to their customer services, they say Base absolutely supports tethering.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. ThEGr33k

ThEGr33k Well-Known Member

Could be that T-mobile dont allow it... though id expect that they would have done a more fundamental removal if that was the case? Might be worth phoning and asking if they meant it to be locked down?

3. Zyklotrop

Tried a different SIM card from another carrier (O2) -- works, no problem. So it seems it is indeed a thing with BASE rather than with Android.or the T-Mobile branding. Will check with their customer support again tomorrow.

4. Zyklotrop

Short of other ideas, did a factory reset. And behold - it works. Just don't ask me why.