Switch to the X?

Last Updated:

1. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know there are a ton of threads started by people wondering the same thing. I have done my research on the X and know pretty much everything you can know about it right now. The reason i am considering switching is because i am fed up with the crappy signal. I know i know, there is an OTA that will supposedly fix the problem...well its taking long enough and i only have until tomorrow to trade the phone in. This is why im starting this thread. I need some opinions, switch or stay with my beautiful Incredible.

DrInc Pros: I love the design, sense is amazing, speed, widgets, camera and its endless options.

Dr X Pros: Screen size, many accessories, speed, HD video (although not that important to me), most likely better signal than Inc.

There are most likely more but you get my point. I really love sense and the design of my phone but the signal is crap and i really am getting tired of it. The X has a massive screen which is appealing but obviously doesnt have sense and since the Inc is my first smartphone i LOVE sense. I am not sure how i will like plain android, seems a little boring. But there are going to be so many accessories for the X and some of those fixes where th Inc fails would be nice. WHAT SHOULD I DO???????

Advertisement
  2. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Droid X

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I returned the Dinc and will be waiting for the x. Screen size, call reliability and seeing the screen in the sunlight were big issues for me. The DInc is a GREAT phone. You lose nothing by keeping it.

4. xkingofgodzx

Except Cell signal issue....Its a big turn off for me right now. I really love the phone but im stuck andl ike i said i have until tomorrow(Monday) to figure out what to do.

5. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

I say get the X, its going to be an amazing phone, and probably last you longer than an HTC phone would.

6. xkingofgodzx

After watching about 10 more videos on youtube.......I still havent made up my mind!!!!!! My biggest thing i think is losing sense...Its going to suck but there are so many other positives for getting the X.

7. socal2ks

socal2ks Well-Known Member

I hated the Dinc for that reason, I could not see it in sunlight.

Do you think the X will be visible in sunlight?

8. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

From the looks of it, it will be like all other phones on the market... so not really. lol But how often do you look at screens in direct sunlight? Simply cover the sun with your body and you should be just fine.

9. socal2ks

Not so easy when im out at the farm lol.

10. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

You're going to have a Droid X at the farm? lol That seems unorthodox.

11. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

I say get the X. I have an Eris, and trust me, Sense *does* get boring after a while. I found myself putting on Launcher Pro and some other home screen replacements instead because I just got tired of it. And besides...how can you say no to that gorgeous, gigantic screen?!

12. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

I still haven't gotten tired of HTC Sense. And after the 2.1 update, I love the full screen weather animations after screen unlock, although they are a bit slow on the Eris (occur about 4 seconds after unlock). Does anyone know if Beautiful Widgets has (or is working on) full screen weather animations like Sense 2.1 has?

All that being said, yea, I'm probably gonna order the Droid X as soon as it's available.

13. socal2ks

You would be amazed at the technology involved with farming, sub inch accurate gps, auto-steer, variable rate applicators just to name a few.

The only thing I know is that my Dinc was useless outside, and I can still see my blackberry.

Is there any screen shots comparing the X in sunlight? I know the Samsung Galaxy S does well outside.

14. Issemann

Issemann Member

The Dinc is my first android phone. Being that I don't have any experience with other android phones, what will I lose by giving up Sense?