Switched from Eris

Last Updated:

1. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I exchanged my Eris for a Droid yesterday. The Eris is a nice phone, but I didn't feel that I would be happy with it for a year much less two. The Eris was simply too slow for me.

The Droid is an extremely fast phone and I'm extremely pleased with it. The only issue I have so far is that light from the capacitive buttons can be seen on the screen, but this seems to be a common complaint. I can live with it.

Advertisement
  2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

just a post to remove from unanswered thread. :)

3. soulesschild

soulesschild Well-Known Member

Care to describe this in more detail? I'm wondering if my Droid has that issue but from what I can tell, I can't see it unless I'm looking at the phone perpendicular to the buttons, aka looking down on the phone in a vertical position (I have no idea if this description makes sense lol)

4. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

Its not an issue... Quit looking at it from weird angles and hoping that you've got an issue. Just use the phone and get things done.

5. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

There is light bleed from the backlight along the bottom edge. Seems they were all manufactured that way. It is a defect, but not really an issue during normal use, w/ your eyes perpendicular to the screen.

6. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I switched form an Eris as well. While I think the Eris is a great phone (and may get even better with 2.0/2.1), I decided the bigger screen, higher resolution, and faster processor where worth loosing Sense UI (which I loved)...I am VERY happy with the Droid though :)

7. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I didn't notice it with my 44/09 or 39/09, but I also ran with screen brightness at (-10%), 95% of the time.

8. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

You will only see it while the buttons at the bottom are lit up. I have my brightness at 8% and I can see it if I tilt the phone a couple degrees out of perpendicular (w/ respect to my eyes).

9. photoeditor

photoeditor Well-Known Member

I suppose if you look at the phone from an extremely acute angle you'll see something. The main thing I notice is that the buttons aren't that evenly lit -- Moto only used two LEDs, one for each pair, rather than four LEDs with a single LED for each button. No big deal, just a bit of a copout.

10. zenit

zenit Member

There is a bit bleed, however not nearly as bad as on wife's BB Tour

11. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry I've not kept up with this thread...

I can clearly see the button light bleed at a 90 degree angle. I do not need to look at my Droid at weird angles. It really bothers me at home, but not at work which is brightly lit.

I would not be bothered if there were an option or app to turn the backlight off for those buttons.

12. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I've never noticed it to be a problem. It may be there, but if it is, it doesn't interfere with my use of the device as I haven't picked up on it.