switched from iPhone to S4, how to play iPhone videos that I have transferred to S4???Support

Last Updated:

1. Kane860

Kane860 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got an S4 after being an iPhone user since the beginning. I have transferred all of my iPhone pics and videos to the Micro SD card that I have in my S4 but the videos will not play. They are obviously in apples quicktime format, .MOV so how can I get these videos to play on my S4? Is there a video app or plugin that I can download that will play the videos? If not, what can I do? Is reformatting each individual video the only option I have? And what format would I have to convert the video to in order to play on my S4 using full screen .. thanks

Advertisement
  2. Kane860

Really, no one has any feedback???

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Try MX Player. :)

If that or Dice Player doesn't work, then likely nothing will - and you have to transcode them to another format.

I'll have to look back at my Mac video transcoders to recommend one, I recall using a free one that was very good.

PS - if neither of those apps work, please say if you have a Windows or Mac or Linux PC, thanks.

4. Kane860

I tried MX player but unfortunately everytime I opened the app, it crashed and would not work.. had to uninstall it. Havent tried Dice Player.. MOBO player seems to work but in order to see the videos, I have to go through the app.. currently the videos I want to see are in a folder I have in gallery but the videos don't even show up.. is there anything I can do that will allow the videos to actually show in gallery and then play in one of these players? Also I use Handbrake for converting videos, I could probably just convert from iPhone format to something else in there.. but what format should I convert videos to in order to play properly on the GS4?

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Ah, a handbrake user - cool. :)

Ok - so a .mov is what we call a container file, it contains a video stream (usually H.264), an audio stream (usually a flavor of ACC) and optionally a closed-captioning stream.

I don't have the SGS4, I'm going by earlier Samsungs, so I'll defer to anyone who corrects me - but - I think if you convert from .mov to .mp4, retain the H.264 video and adjust from AAC-LC to just ACC (if required) then your movies will be recognized as you need.

6. Kane860

thanks, I finally got everything to work. I converted all my iphone videos in handbrake to android format and then transferred them to my phone.. seems to be good now.. thanks

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

MX Player should work. Did you install the extra portion that it needed? It depends on the hardware of the device, which one it installs.

8. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

They're not Android formats, Android supports many formats but not Mov as that is an Apple format.

Even on a my PC I can't play .mov files without quicktime which I refuse to install.

Anyway, glad you got them working. :)

9. Kane860

Yah I didn't mean to say android formats in the sense that android has its own format video. But in handbrake, there is a preset called android which converts the video to a format that is compatible on android phones, I think mp4.

EarlyMon likes this.