• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switched from Palm Pre to HTC Hero... a few things

mxu030

Lurker
Dec 2, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have just made the switch and I really like the Hero. However, there are a few things I miss from the Palm, and I was wondering if there are ways to address them through certain applications or tweaks:

1) Is there week view for the calender? I can't seem to find it.

2) Is there a way to see which SMS messages I have replied to and which I have not (something to show it without me having to open the message thread to see who spoke last)?

3) How do I add end dates to repeated calender entries?

Thanks.

Since no one has decided to help you, I will.

1)The calender is a Widget. Long press the screen and then click Android Widget and click Calender.

2) There is an application called Handcent SMS it's free to download under the Market on your phone. (Best SMS App ever)

3) Click the clock on your main screen that also has the weather and you can add stuff at the bottom to occur certain times on certain days.

Upvote 0
The calendar app needs work in a lot of areas IMO. It looks nice but to be honest some of the functionality (e.g. reminders) is a bit half-arsed. My 5 year old nokia dumphone had a calendar which was more useful in a some ways.

Having said that, there is actually a week view of sorts in the calendar: the schedule view (open calendar month view, click on 3 horizontal bars icon in bottom left corner) gives you a list of all of your events for the next 7 days. It's a rolling 7-day window rather than, say, a fixed monday-sunday week view but that's more useful in my opinion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones