Switched to a different Droid X, keep getting Motorola Account error notificationSupport


Last Updated:

  1. just4747

    just4747 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    Messages:
    201
    Likes Received:
    7
    Hey guys. I just received a replacement Droid X from Verizon.

    Ever since I activated, I keep getting an error/warning message in my notification bar called "Motorola Service Account Error" saying:

    "The account you are using is associated with another device. Please contact customer service to reset the device."

    When I clear the notification, it always comes back a while later. I never had another phone with Blur on it, but this sounds like the whole Motorola account thing they would make you sign up for to use the phone. But that makes no sense because we don't have to do that for the X.

    Can anyone figure this one out, specifically why it's there and how to make it stop?? I think when I check for any OTA system updates is when I am getting the message to come up the most. The update check fails every time with "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later." Then, the Motorola warning shows up in the notifications again.


    EDIT: Also, every time I try to do *228 to try to update roaming, it plays the music for a bit but always says "I am sorry, your activation cannot be completed at this time" and tells me a phone number to call. Why is this happening? Is it related to my original issue?
     

    Advertisement
  2. just4747

    just4747 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    Messages:
    201
    Likes Received:
    7
    Also, I have not yet called any customer service, but which do you think it means? Motorola or the carrier, Verizon?

    I really don't want to "reset my device" either but if it comes down to that...

    No one has experience with this?
     
  3. badchevy

    badchevy Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2010
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    2
    I have not had this problem but it sounds to me like the activation was not complete and you need to call VZW and have them check your account. It's possible the old phone did not get completely wiped off your account so there is a conflict between the old and new phones.
     
  4. JubbaTheHutt

    JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    Messages:
    998
    Likes Received:
    103
    This. It's happened to me before when upgrading and from what I recall it's extremely rare, but it does happen. It's like activation purgatory. You'll need to call Tech Support and explain the situation. They should be able to clear up the activation issues with your unit with a few clicks, but you may ultimately need to do a reset.
     
  5. Mojorisen

    Mojorisen Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2010
    Messages:
    151
    Likes Received:
    12
    Yeah, this just sounds like your info wasn't erased from the previous phone. You're basically sending the same information from the same device with 2 different IDs. Should be able to be resolved with a call in to VZW.
     
  6. Piiman

    Piiman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    153
    i just got a replacement DX and I'm having this same issue.

    What was the final out come?

    Calling VZW doesn't do any good. They made me reprogram twice and wipe/reset and still have same issue. I'm looking for my own solution now.
     
  7. just4747

    just4747 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    Messages:
    201
    Likes Received:
    7
    The only fix that worked for me (worked twice now), was factory resetting the old and new phones through the Privacy menu.

    This worked the first time when I switched to my possible replacement, and then worked again when I switched back and reactivated my original X again.
    Both times I had the issue and both times wiping both phones worked. I'm pretty sure both actually had to be wiped, although I'm not 100% sure, but it worked.

    In case I didn't mention it, every time I had this issue, it also prevented me from being able to successfully check for system updates. If you try during the time you have this account issue, it will give you a message that it couldn't finish checking or something.
     
  8. Piiman

    Piiman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    153


    It was caused by Titanium Backup restoring too much data. I had to restore just apps and then restored data to only a few hard to reconfigure apps.

    All is good now
     

Share This Page

Loading...