• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switched to Captivate from Verizon Droid Incredible

sdmania

Apr 14, 2010
When my wife and I decided to switch over to art I was very worried. I had a Droid Incredible and enjoyed the phone but the wife really wanted an iPhone. After using the Captivate for close to a month I can honestly say I do not regret getting rid of the Incredible one bit as the Captivate, in my opinion, beats the pants off it in every category(except for gps for now: ) The screen on the Incredible was so small and so hard to type on. Plus the extra screen real estate is so nice when browsing the internet. The build quality of the Captivate is hands down better. It looks so much more like a top of the line device. The Incredible was so cheap looking with the plastic back and after having it only a few months it looked like I had been using it hard for a year. Lastly the phone quality on the Captivate is far better than the Incredible. I get better reception, less dropped calls, clearer calls and faster internet speeds. I really think either hardware or software wise there was something wrong with the Incredible as I would rarely get 3g and had many dropped calls. All in all I am very pleased with the Captivate and have no regrets whatsoever. Now lets just get that GPS fix.

I too came from an Incredible and feel the same way about the build quality. The phone after 45 days looked over a year old, and I am very particular about keeping my phones very clean. The screen wasn't has nice and the phone itself is not wide enough and hard to type on. Now the speed and was real nice, but there is no way the phone was lasting two years. I had to return two because the power button was so recessed I could not access it.

My first Captivate squeaked, second one... not at all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones