switches off at 20% battery chargeSupport

Last Updated:

1. cestode

cestode Active Member This Topic's Starter

Starting from a fully charged battery and normal use my X10i switches off ( fully shuts down) when the battery level is about 20%. A restart after this and the phone works normally until I recharge at about 5% battery power.

I changed the battery and the problem seemed to be eliminated for a week or two but now it has reappeared.

Has any one else experienced this or have thoughts? I have no apps installed.
    Thanks
    Cestode

Advertisement
  2. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Are you using a battery saver/task killer? I forget the name ofit but I used to use one and its default setting was to turn off at 20% battery.

3. cestode

Thank you huntleth. The only app I have installed is Handcent. No battery savers or task killers.
    Also, when I changed the battery the problem was solved for a couple of weeks and now it has started again.

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I know its the same old chestnut, but have you tried running a repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service to see if this resolves the problem. Be aware that this will wipe your phone so ensure you have contacts etc backed up to SD card and/or synced.

The other thing that would be useful information is where you are located and what carrier you are with as this does seem to affect the performance of the phones, the assumption being that it is something to do with the extra 'stuff' they put on the phones.

5. cestode

Thanks rosered.
    I am in the UK with Vodafone
    I'll try the repair and report back

6. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK with vodafone as well but I did debrand my phone, if the issues persist after the repair, debranding may be worth a look if this issue is really bugging you.

7. rosered

I haven't heard of any particular problems with UK Vodafone (apart from their awesome 360 app that d
    n't work on the X10!!) and as you have no other apps installed it can't be down to that. Handcent may be doing it but its used by loads of people on here and I have never heard of it in connection with battery drain and the phone switching itself off.

I have a Blink Led app that tells me by flashing my LED at me when my phone gets below 15%, which it rarely does in my normal day to day usage, but I haven't had it switch off on me until it got to the 5% mark. I also have a battery app BatteryLife by Curvefish that gives me a pretty widget on my home screen but again that doesn't switch me off, just gives a visual of how low I am getting.

Anyway, let us know how you get on.

8. cestode

I am a geriatric rosered and, as you know, there is no fool like an old fool.
    I went to update and could see nothing about repair until I clicked on support. There it states that X10 is not supported for repair. What am I doing wrong?

9. cestode

If it is not too much to ask for further help.
    I download blink.led to my PC and, using windows explorer, dragged it to my phone. I can see the file there in my phone files. How do I install it? (I know - I am incompetent!)

10. Bullitt_McQueen

Bullitt_McQueen Well-Known Member

Hi, you will need to download the app via the market which *should* be in your app tray. Once in the market, use the search function and type in "Blink".

11. rosered

Sorry about not getting back to your yesterday, Sunday afternoon family time took over and been at work today.

Did you use the Sony Ericsson Update Service or PC Companion to try and run the repair to your phone? If one didn't work you could always try the other, however if neither give you a repair option you are to coin a phrase 'a bit buggered'!!!

Do you know what build version you are on? Menu Settings About Phone then scroll to bottom, you are looking for R_BA0__ ideally you want to be R2BA020 or higher.

Bullett gave you the right info for the blink led thing. Your market should be in your app drawer, its a carrier bag with a little green andrioid on it. You will need to have set up a google mail account to use it but you don't need to use the account for anything else if you don't want to. It's just that your purchased apps are tied to your google account and therefore if you change phones as long as you have the same account details you can reinstall them.

Anyway, any further probs just shout, one of us on here should be able to help (confuse) you more!

12. cestode

Thanks to all for your tolerance and courtesy in your replies.
    I would guess that I am at least twice the age of most of you and yet I know only a quarter as much. Funny old world.

I am out of action for a couple of weeks and will return to this then. i'll keep you informed how I get on.
    Wouldn't it be good if the User Manual was really useful!