Switching Audible ModesSupport

Last Updated:

1. JLSchutt

JLSchutt Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my brand new Droid Incredible for less than a day. It replaced a BlackBerry Curve that I had for several years and really liked. One nice feature the BB had was that it would shift from ringing mode to vibrate mode by simply slipping it into its case. Absolutely nothing had to be done to the device itself, other than configuring it to do this. Given that Android phones don't have this feature, what is the simplest and quickest way to move around among ring, vibrate, and silent modes of operation? Any way to do it with a single tap or two?

--Jim--

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

The easiest way to do this would be with widgets that you can put on your home page. Beautiful Widgets includes a vibrate and silent widget for one click changes.

3. today

today Well-Known Member

Or use the volume rocker to set the mode down to silent or All the way down to vibrate. Remember to turn it up later. I have read about apps available in the market that can control settings in different scenarios. Search them out in the forum search box.

4. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

The HTC Profile widget in settings is what I use. 1 click then you select normal, silent, or vibrate

5. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

I use Widget Locker. Great lock screen app that allows me to change from vibrate, normal, and silent by swiping from my locked screen.

6. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

I've never tried it, but the description for RingControl seems to fit the bill.

7. mangalo2004

mangalo2004 New Member

Try simple sound profile. It allows you to easily change and set up customized sound profiles.

JLSchutt likes this.
  8. JLSchutt

JLSchutt Active Member This Topic's Starter

Have installed Simple Sound Profile. It works just fine for me and is free!

9. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but how do you use this widget? I can't get this or the Ringtone HTC widget to "install" on a home screen! I go add widget>widgets>htc>Profile and I get the uninstall or details button, but when I click on it it doesn't do anything!

Currently I'm using AudioManager Pro. It's a paid app, but worth it for as often as you use it. I chose this one because it's a nice visual way to check your sound levels. And you can skin it which is a huge bonus.

10. daktron

daktron Active Member

I've found that the HTC Profile widget will change from "vibrate" to "normal" without me doing anything. Has anybody else had that happen?