Switching between email accountsSupport

1. Boss-Hog

Boss-Hog Member

All,

I'm a new Android user and I'm sure this will seem like a silly question, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I have two non-Gmail accounts set up using the stock email program: one Yahoo Mail and the other for my domain. The email account for my domain is set up as the default, so when I start a new email, it comes from that account. However, I can not figure out how to switch to the Yahoo Mail account to compose and send email without making the Yahoo Mail account the default account. There has to be some way to open your inbox or send a new message without switching which account is the default everytime, or at least I would think so. Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. fiero3800

fiero3800 New Member

First of all I joined this forum simply to answer your question so feel special lol. I too had the same problem and for a while I couldn't figure out how to go from email to email. The solution is to use the app in your phone called ""messaging"" its where all your accounts are stored. Dont get this app confused with your regular text messaging it is not the same.
    romar likes this.
  3. joetopshot

joetopshot New Member

And I joined this forum just to thank you for posting your "solution" to the above query. I guess "messaging" is so obvious, it didn't need any explanation :rolleyes:.

Anyway, thanks again!

Joe
  4. Markymark2231

Markymark2231 New Member

Wow - this saved me a huge headache...i could not figure it out...thanks!!!
  5. Spyle10

Spyle10 New Member

Long press on home screen, then select shortcut, then select email then you can select the yahoo account. So you can goto the email icon when you want to access your default account and the yahoo icon for access to that account. Or you can just delete the "email" icon and create a shortcut for each of your accounts. This way each icon has the name of the account instead of the generic email icon. :) hope this helps.