Switching between Sense Home and ADW...helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. Pooh434

Pooh434 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Good morning All,

I installed ADW for the first time yesterday, and I like it, but I have a question that I really need answered. Right now, each time I click to go back to Home, I get the pop-up to choose ADW or HTC Sense, and if I want it to be my default launcher. I haven't chosen either as my default because I don't know how to switch back if I get tired of one of them. Like, say I get tired of ADW. How do I switch back to HTC Sense as my default home without uninstalling ADW???

Also, I miss my Digital Clock and weather widget. Are there anything other than the ADW clock and weather widget/shortcuts available???

Thanks!

Impatiently waiting on OTA and Darn near ready to Root!!! I'm scared to mess up the phone. :(

Advertisement
  2. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

You wont have HTC widgets on a launcher app as they arent compatible. As for switching back, its very simple. I dont run a 3rd party launcher, but if i recall correctly, if you want to switch back, you just go into Applications, Manage Applications, and find the launcher, click on it, and near the bottom it will have something about default. And maybe clear or remove as default or something. Think thats how you do it.

3. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

Yes just choose clear defaults under that app in manage aplications.

Pooh434 likes this.
  4. Pooh434

Pooh434 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks you two. That works for the defaults. I'll search the Market to see if I can find any other clocks and weather widgets for ADW besides the original ones that come with the launcher. I need to clear this stinking low space warning before I can download anything else though. That is one bug I truly despise. I uninstall Google Earth and it went away for a week, and now it's back again. Ugh!!!

5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

There is a free app called Home Switcher that will allow you to switch between the launchers. That way you can set a default (so you don't keep getting that menu when you hit home) but quickly switch back to Sense when you want to.

I used it for about a week when I first started using Launcher Pro. It worked great. I finally uninstalled it though since I no longer need it (I only use LP).

mozes316 likes this.
  6. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

Try Fancy Widget. It's not on the market anymore because HTC sent a C&D letter to the dev, but you can find it if you Google for the fancy widget apk. You'll have to sideload it since it doesn't come from the market. I believe 1.3.0 is the last version they released.

There's also Beautiful Widgets, but it's a pay app.

7. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

I'm currently on the 2.2 RUU and am running Launcher Pro, and yes I too miss my weather widget so i paid for beautiful widgets and all i can say is its the best $2 i've spent. It has several widgets you can use plus plenty of different layouts for the weather widget, you should give it a try.