1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Switching from DroidX to Original Droid

1. TxTech25

TxTech25 Active Member

My DroidX is toast. I takes 2 hours to charge and 5 minutes to run the battery out, not to mention the charging port only works if the cord is in the exact correct position (not the chargers fault, I have tested it). I don't want to buy anything because I want to wait until the latest and greatest phones come out, and the Maxx just doesn't do it for me.

I am going to use someones old droid original for the time being. Does anyone know if I can just take my SD card out of the X and put it into the original droid and keep some of my stuff? Do I need to factory reset it so I can erase their stuff and put mine on... any other tips? thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Have you tried buying a new battery first? I know my boss's X's battery is toast and he's getting a new one.
    As far as transferring your SD card, that should be no problem. I also recommend a factory reset so you'll start fresh.
    TxTech25 likes this.
  3. TxTech25

TxTech25 Active Member

Thanks, I just didn't know if they were on different OS's and if it would reject it. I really don't want to spend money on the battery if I am just going to get a new phone in the next two months, and it probably wouldn't charge very well anyways. I will look into how much they are though. Since I am getting the Droid for free I will see how I like it and then might have to switch back. Thanks again for your help.
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

If you're worried about it rejecting the SD Card, you can always back all the needed files to a PC and put it on the Droid (with a fresh card if you like) afterwards.
    Also, welcome to the Forums! What do you plan on updating to in the near future? Also, if you need any help on rooting and ROMing the Droid (which I highly recommend, I had one on launch day), head on over to their forum; there's still a few stragglers around.
  5. TxTech25

TxTech25 Active Member

I wanna wait til I at least see what the Droid Razr HD looks like. I know alot of people dont but I really like the Motorolas, and if the battery life is like it is for the Maxx it should be a crazy phone. I would go ahead and get the Maxx or the Gnex but I really don't want to make a decision until I at least see the phone.
  6. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Well-Known Member

Storage is a big issue on OG. DX has a LOT more storage and RAM. Battery would be the smarter investment. You can get about 2 days out of a charge with this one.