Switching from Eris to Droid

Last Updated:

1. jciangiotto

jciangiotto Member This Topic's Starter

Finally getting my Droid today via FedEx. Can't wait. I was sick of having all the problems with the Eris. Is there anything I need to know about the Droid for first time setup? And more importantly is there any Apps I just can't live without. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Cinsue

Cinsue Active Member

Would you tell me why you're switching? I've been considering switching to the Eris because I can't use the Droid as a phone. Every call I make or receive last between a few seconds to a max of 3 mins 17 seconds before the phone disconnects or mutes the call.

Texting and internet are fine, just can't use it as a phone and I can't get an answer about what's wrong or if/when there will be a fix.

I'm ready to throw the thing out the window!

3. anderson.mcdaniel

anderson.mcdaniel Active Member

I would suggest reading the sticky about apps and widgets, very informative.

4. ceruti82

ceruti82 Well-Known Member

QuickProfiles is great for volume settings, but coming from an Eris, wouldnt you have mostly all the apps a Droid would have ?
    there are many threads with apps, do a quick search, and you will find tons :)

5. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

AppBrian, not call log, beautiful widgets, apps organizer, rings extended, astro, dolphin browser, notepad, maybe a task killer