• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switching from iPhone 4S to GS4...thing to prep before making the move

mg8r1016

Lurker
Apr 5, 2013
Well, after realizing the iPone has reached a state of staleness...it is time to swithc to the Samsung Galaxy GS4. Does anyone have any pointers on what to do to make the switch as smooth as possible. My wife will still be using an iPhone 5 and we have all Apple home computers.

Any apps do you reccommend for moving music, contacts? I have heard of Double twist to move music from my iTunes library, is that the best one out there? I already use gmail, should i just sync my contacts to my gmail account?

Has anyone else recently made this transition? Positives/negative experiences?

Are there any forums already discussing this? I searched a bit, but didn't see any recent ones.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Personally speaking, I use AirDroid. You load it onto your phone, open the app, go to your computer and open the web site that it tells you to open on your phone. You would then just transfer the music to your phone (and any other media for that matter) via your web browser.

Or get an SDCard and an USB SDCard reader, copy the files over to the SDCard, and then put the SDCard into your phone.

In the Android world, your music is just that... files. Plain simple files. Put them anywhere you like on the SDCard. Personally, I put them all into a folder called "music" and the Android Media Scanning service will find them and will populate your media player app on the phone with the music.

Plain and simple. No iTunes needed. Thank God.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones