Switching from Palm Pre to EVO. Pre central giving me crap for it.

Last Updated:

1. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard and don't take it personally. I'm coming from the Blackberry world, so I know how you feel. But let those comments roll off your back. Plus, you can always get an answer elsewhere. This is one of several great sites to learn about an Android device. So reach down and tie your boot straps a little tighter and keep on stepping.

3. Tiako

lol they deleted the thread.

4. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

Some Palm users are like some Apple users. Fanbois. I have a Pre and can't WAIT to get rid of it in favor of the EVO. WebOS is gorgeous. The Palm Pre phone (the physical device itself)? Other than a nice screen and (to me) a nice keyboard...it's a pile of rubbish.

Howie likes this.
  5. Tiako

Here is shit they said to me..

6. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

i'm switching from the pre, too. i gave it the same pre-release attention that i'm giving the evo, and it was great when i finally got it in my hands. but, i'm a fickle bastard, and when something better comes along, i get it.

i don't understand the allegiance to a brand of phone.

Jceinc likes this.
  7. Clock

Clock Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen here if the reverse happened (and the Evo were already out).

twospirits and reallynotnick like this.
  8. Tiako

The phone is dead so I don't understand it at all why they are flaming me for getting a new phone. They seem to think palm is going to release a new phone.

9. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As a Pre owner myself, I will say that the phone DOES have its merits.

That being said, I too am here (obviously) eagerly awaiting the Evo & my Pre will be going buh-bye. Welcome... sit down & have a brew!

[​IMG]

10. Tiako

Well my 1 year upgrade is in june so If I could get 100 for my pre then it will only be 100 for the evo..

I like the pre but clearly they are going to halt support for the phone in the next year.

11. Tiako

12. Tiako

lol they locked the thread.

13. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

14. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

I've never owned a phone that wasn't Palm. Treos and now a Centro. Kinda crazy but due to always having PalmOS and syncing my call log on my phone goes all the way back to 2003..Still have my very first call on it! I do like WebOS and one of the few seemingly who likes portrait keyboards. Only thing I don't like about the Pre is the build quality and screen size. All that said I have no problem jumping to another platform.

15. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

idk what it is but i think all blackberry users and palm users get used to the portrait keyboard and start to prefer them... they do fit better on the screen, but i for some reason can't type a single word on them, they are just too close together for my big fingers

16. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

WebOS is a great platform. Unfortunately the hardware is not up to par with that of what is coming on Android. Add to that Palm's questionable status and the lack of development of apps compared to other platforms and I think they are in trouble.

As for the flaming-- you'd get the same here if you said you were switching platforms. People like to think what they have chosen is the best and usually defend that- they feel some need to put down those that don't agree. Android, WebOS, iPhone OS, and even Windows mobile and Blackberry are all effective smartphone OS's. Im glad we have choices.

17. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

I consider myself a Palm fanboy, I have been using Palm devices since the IIIc. These people are just children that just want to see who has the biggest e-penis. I stopped going to Precentral last year after everything went to hell. However, there are forum trolls everywhere. Nevertheless, I don't think any of us are going to be disappointed with the EVO.

koolkid09 likes this.
  18. Hurricane350

Hurricane350 Active Member

You go on a Pre site, tell them their phone has been useless for the past 6 months and expect them to congratulate you? Use a little common sense.

I have been a member or the PreCentral community since CES '09 and I think it is a great community and they bash Palm themselves too. Its pretty objective, save for the fanboys but they are on every forum, believe me... XBOX, PS3, Mac, PC, iPhone, etc has em

19. campbell53

campbell53 Member

I am a Pre user as well. I also like WebOS and wish it was coming soon on a more updated piece of hardware. But since it is not I am switching to Evo as quickly as I can. Now that I have made the decision I am getting more and more frustrated with the Pre. The lag, marginal at best hardware quality, small screen/keyboard, "too many cards" notices, choppy GPS, shit battery life, etc. Things I overlooked when it was new but now cannot deal with any more. June 6th will be a great day.

20. Tiako

I didn't say that. They said that to me being sarcastic by saying that I am just jumping on the new phone.

All I said was..

"How much do you think I could get for my pre as every penny counts when getting the new Evo"

Then the flames came in.

21. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

I agree with Hurricane. If you go to a anything forum and post against it your going to get flamed.

$100 I don't know there's Pres all over Craigslist for a little more that aren't selling. I think they have such a bad rep nobody wants them.
    I may pass mine down or just keep it for a spare.

22. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

WELCOME Tiako! I recognize your name from PC. I started this thread a while back to welcome folks such as you and I:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/56436-other-precentral-net-users-lurking-here.html

I'm coming from PreCentral as well but can't WAIT for the EVO!!! Anyways welcome here and glad you escaped the flames of PC

23. Diesektor

Diesektor Well-Known Member

I'm coming from palm as well, but I have a pixi. This was my first smartphone and it's been a headache from day one. Everytime I take it in for issues they reset it and tell me it's fixed. Now i'm just dealing with it and counting the days til the evo comes out.

24. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I have the palm treo 650 for almost 5 years. Great durability and battery life. However I can't see anything that would make the Palm Pre better than the Evo at this time. Maybe in the future, Palm can come out with a better phone, but right now, the Evo is in a league of it's own.

25. tp2386

tp2386 Well-Known Member

$100!? Thats it??? I just sold my original Instinct 3 months ago for $100. I was hoping I could get at least $125-150 for my Pre.