• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switching From Samsung to HTC

SourceGirl

Lurker
Jul 21, 2012
So I had a Samsung S II but someone stole it. I was lucky enough to have done a backup with Samsung Kies. Now I had forgotten to sync all my contacts with my google account, stupid me. I wasn't able to get another Samsung, though I really wanted to, so I ended up with an HTC One S. I need all my contacts but I can't seem to get them from my Samsung backup to my new HTC phone. Can anyone help a girl out?

Perfect but the phonebook/contact file is a .bk file. I changed the file extension to .csv and imported that into Google but only one number showed up. But I can open it up in an excel and the numbers are there with a bunch of gibberish, not code but gibberish. Changing the file extension seem to be the way everyone says to do. I could sit with the excel file and input numbers one by one, but I have a lot!

Thoughts? Ideas?

Upvote 0
Just out of interest, how do you find the HTC after the s2? I'm just about to do the same swap.

The phone is not bad. It was a big change from Samsung: the layout and what not of android. But I've had it for a little bit now and when it comes to the camera, speed, display quality and all the amazing things the SII can do, I don't see a difference. I'm happy with it so far. Also like the keyboard much better on the HTC.

Now I just have to get all my contacts and I'll be laughing.

Reactions: nebler
Upvote 0
Samsung Android phones should have an option to export contacts on your SD card to a file. If you sync with your Google account, all of those contacts should be on your HTC phone as well. You should be able to export your Samsung phone contact and then import them into Gmail on a PC. Then they will appear on your HTC when you sync.

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones