switching from sprecovery to clockwork

Last Updated:

1. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't want to hijack the other thread I was just posting in, so i just wanted to ask my question here.

I have DM 1.0, sp recovery.

Lets say I do a full nandroid backup with sp recovery (including recovery).

Then switch to ROM Manager, and install clockwork recovery and a custom rom. let's say I don't like the ROM, and want to go back to DM 1.0.

Can I do a nandroid full restore from clockwork using the backup I created with sp recovery, to fully get back to the way I was with DM 1.0?

Thanks,
    Joe

Advertisement
  2. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew Well-Known Member

I am not sure about your specific question, but you could flash clockwork recovery, and make a backup before flashing the new rom. This would ensure being able to get back.

Now that I think of it, if you don't like the new rom, you can flash SPR recovery from rom manager and restore your old backup from there.

Or you could even do both for double redundancy, if you are really afraid of not being able to get back.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yep, RM lets you revert back to SPR really easily. However, I think once you start using CyanogenMod, you'll probably not want to change back! And definitely get the paid version so you can try all the other themes and ROMs.
    (Nandroids are always saved, so you can easily get back to DM if you want)

4. mihalich

OK. Thanks.

One other question.

Could I leave Clockwork Recovery on there, and use that with DM 1.0? Or are they incompatible? I remember reading something about the DM 1.0 release where they made some change to be compatible with clockwork.

Joe

5. mihalich

I'm on my way to CM 5.0.7.1. Everything going flawlessly so far.

Joe