switching from T-mobile G1 to Sprint HTC EVO

Last Updated:

1. pauleroni

pauleroni Member This Topic's Starter

I have the t-mobile G1 (stood in line overnight to get it back in October 2008), and will be switching to the HTC EVO when it releases. The ETF is $200!! Making the phone roughly $400....any way I can get out of the contract without paying the ETF? I did notice in my last 2 bills/last 2 months with t-mobile, the "Federal Universal Service Fund" fee went up, each month. Is that a breach of contract or increase in fee where I can argue to get out of t-mobile with no ETF?

Also, I know Verizon won't "buy out" a contract from a competitor to get a customer to switch to Verizon, but Verizon will give "discounts" equaling that ETF fee so the customer switches. Have you heard of Sprint doing this?

Advertisement
  2. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member

if you got g1 back in 2008, thats almost 2 yr in oct, why not wait it out, I bet its not $200 etf anymore.

3. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

The EVO is worth it. My upgrade isn't until October, so I'm paying full retail price.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

4. enVmyIX

enVmyIX Member

I dont know if this applies to t-mobile as well, but i do know that with vzw your etf goes down incrementally as you reach the end of your contract.