switching from T-mobile G1 to Sprint HTC EVO

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by pauleroni, May 12, 2010.

1. pauleroni

pauleroni Member

May 12, 2010
    I have the t-mobile G1 (stood in line overnight to get it back in October 2008), and will be switching to the HTC EVO when it releases. The ETF is $200!! Making the phone roughly $400....any way I can get out of the contract without paying the ETF? I did notice in my last 2 bills/last 2 months with t-mobile, the "Federal Universal Service Fund" fee went up, each month. Is that a breach of contract or increase in fee where I can argue to get out of t-mobile with no ETF?

Also, I know Verizon won't "buy out" a contract from a competitor to get a customer to switch to Verizon, but Verizon will give "discounts" equaling that ETF fee so the customer switches. Have you heard of Sprint doing this?

Advertisement
  2. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Customer Support
    WPB
    if you got g1 back in 2008, thats almost 2 yr in oct, why not wait it out, I bet its not $200 etf anymore.

3. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    The EVO is worth it. My upgrade isn't until October, so I'm paying full retail price.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

4. enVmyIX

enVmyIX Member

May 13, 2010
    I dont know if this applies to t-mobile as well, but i do know that with vzw your etf goes down incrementally as you reach the end of your contract.